Injury Report: Leafs: Kostka (Broken finger), Franson (Bruised Foot), Kessel (Wrist)

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
https://twitter.com/DamoSpin/status/330035896483188738

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 2h
Mike Kostka has broken finger. He's out.

https://twitter.com/kevin_mcgran/status/330038469189570560

Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran 2h
franson bruised foot

https://twitter.com/kevin_mcgran/status/330038568317763585

Kevin McGran ‏@kevin_mcgran 1h
kessel maintenance day

EDIT: Kessel has a wrist problem - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422220

Kessel reportedly received some treatment on his wrist from the trainer during the game.

Last edited:

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
EDIT: Kessel has a wrist problem - http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=422220

Kessel reportedly received some treatment on his wrist from the trainer during the game.

Saw that during the broadcast; it was getting wrapped. This was during the 3rd, I think. I am not sure when a ding would have happened, but he looked petulant for the entire game. Every time they flashed on him on the bench, he had his head/helmet down against the board...in some sort of pain.

On the basis of the reports, I imagine the Leaf folder is already begging for retribution.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Saw that during the broadcast; it was getting wrapped. This was during the 3rd, I think. I am not sure when a ding would have happened, but he looked petulant for the entire game. Every time they flashed on him on the bench, he had his head/helmet down against the board...in some sort of pain.

On the basis of the reports, I imagine the Leaf folder is already begging for retribution.

Think he got hurt when Seids took him into Tuukka's net. End of the second period I think.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
bad news for bruins. kostka blows. gardiner much better player. but this series is still a cakewalk.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Gardiner is skilled, but he might be the softest player on the team.

i think the cream puff in #81 beats him out. gardiner is soft, but guy can skate and make plays. arguably most talented defenseman on their team. but they still suck and will lose.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Saw Kessel getting his wrist wrapped on the bench from my seat. He was having a lot of problems trying to make a fist. I thought it was Lupul at first since he had gone down the tunnel a few minutes before.

Something to watch as the series goes along.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Saw Kessel getting his wrist wrapped on the bench from my seat. He was having a lot of problems trying to make a fist. I thought it was Lupul at first since he had gone down the tunnel a few minutes before.

Something to watch as the series goes along.

i guess that'll be a convenient excuse when he crumbles and fails to deliver for the millionth time. he's not even a bad guy, but damn, my 3 year old nephew has way more jam than philip.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I've got a soft spot for my UMass boys, but yeah, certainly better for the Bruins if he were playing.

Watch Carlyle play O'Byrne. God, I would love that.

o'byrne and gardiner may both play, depending on franson. and if carlyle somehow decides to scratch mclaren and/or orr, gotta think he'd lean toward the purse snatcher.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I've got a soft spot for my UMass boys, but yeah, certainly better for the Bruins if he were playing.

Watch Carlyle play O'Byrne. God, I would love that.

Leafs realistically have 3 NHL defenders(Phaneuf, Gunnarsson, Franson(light on defense heavy on offense), 2 Avalanche cast-offs (Liles and O'Bryne) that the Avs deemed expendable, AHL veterans (Fraser, Kostka), and a prospect Gardiner who doesn't seem to be a Carlyle favorite. The team's future defenders are still playing in junior and Europe.

Many of us Leafs' fans just hope the boys learn something from the former champs while some others don't see the gap that exists between the two teams.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
For some reason, this make me unhappy... The Leafs came out to play some old school, knock around hockey. This let's refs allow the B's do the same. It allows the B's to excel.

I don't want the Leafs to soften up now.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
They wanted to come in and play the bully. They forgot who they were playing (and I think the Bruins forgot who they were for awhile) but it is EXACTLY what this team needs.

They need to be engaged and have the hate.

It's still VERY early and I'm not counting on anything but playing the Leafs, especially if the Leafs play "their game" is perfect.

I don't want to jump ahead of myself but...

If one of the Rangers or Senators wins their series and we win our series we don't see the Penguins in the 2nd round. I want the Capitals in the 2nd round....badly.

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
So much over-confidence here, I hope that has not spread to the team itself. Remember what happened last year after winning game 1.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

I noticed that 2. He really seemed to be playing through some pain yesterday.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I was delighted to see the Leafs getting physical against the Bs. Best way to beat the Bs is lull them to sleep and not poke them. The Bs absolutely thrive on physical hockey.

I'd actually rather face the Pens in round 2 than have to face them in the following round. They should be healthier by round 3 and Sid will be more of a threat by then after getting back into the groove. If I were the Pens I wouldn't even bother playing Sid in the series vs. the Isles given the Isles' propensity to play cheap hockey vs. the Pens.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
So much over-confidence here, I hope that has not spread to the team itself. Remember what happened last year after winning game 1.

A tight 1-0 overtime game does not make one ooze confidence completely differn't.

They won't let the leafs off the hook they know they can't

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
i think the cream puff in #81 beats him out. gardiner is soft, but guy can skate and make plays. arguably most talented defenseman on their team. but they still suck and will lose.

He's quite talented, but he also makes a lot of awful mistakes in his own end

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad