Post-Game Talk: Leafs Kept Calm, Proved Corsi Wrong & Still #1 in the Atlantic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Great to see Rielly already becoming a fan favourite and Bernier is just awesome. I have to admit when the trade went down, I was against it and when the Kings fans were praising him like crazy, I thought they were severely overrating him.

Time to get me self some Bernier and Rielly jerseys.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
Gotta say, Rielly isn't looking out of place at all, EVER, during the game. Pretty rare for a rookie defensemen. Not even any of those 'rookie mistake' moments where we say 'happens all the time, he will learn soon'.

That's because he covers up his mistakes with his skating and work ethic.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Dave Nonis, props. Bernier.

You went out and got him.

Bernier is just amazing. Simply amazing. I really like everything about Reimer but Bernier is the better goalie in net.

He's calm in all situations, handles the puck very well, not many rebounds, and once he catches the puck, it's over, no mistakes.

Flawless game.

Granted he's not going to be this perfect every time we play but he's just ridiculously calm...makes it look too easy.

780rx

May 4, 2013
how does a coach treat this goaltending situation now? Carlyle always says he wants to make the decisions that gives the team the best chance to win. I think that means starting Bernier next game, but is sitting multiple games in a row affecting Reimers confidence?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Daisy...you better be preparing next game GDT :laugh:

Bernier was nothing short of spectacular tonight. Rielly had some amazing plays in the third period. His speed and stick handling led to two separate odd man rushes into the Preds zone. I think that was Ranger's best game so far. Phaneuf yet again solid. All of the expected offensive guys were making great offensive plays (Kessel, JVR, Lupul, Kadri and even the scapegoat Bozak potted a goal).

Not sure how Gunnar ended up with a breakaway but seeing him go into the boards, my first concern was his nagging hip injury.

As excited as I am about the win....Franson :(

I hope there isn't any concern for a concussion. Hopefully some stitches, some ice and a cage will do the trick and he won't miss any games.

i know. my poor muffin, Franson.
he didn't LOOK woosy, and he got up under his own power... that should = okay, right?

I don't know what's in Phaneuf this season but he's playing like a stud.

(also - nuhuh. LOL i'm using my GDT powers for good. last time I went 3 in a row, we lost game 7 :laugh:)

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leivo didn't get much time but had some nice moments in the game .. Solid first game

I thought Broll played very well too although the fight he had was ill timed (i dont think he saw the ice in the third after that, though it could have been because the leafs were protecting the lead)

Young talent? Yeah we got that for various components of our line up :)

lLeafer

Feb 27, 2012
Sure they gave up a lot of shots.. but they also took 26 and scored 4 goals. Good win!

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Bernier is just amazing. Simply amazing. I really like everything about Reimer but Bernier is the better goalie in net.

He's calm in all situations, handles the puck very well, not many rebounds, and once he catches the puck, it's over, no mistakes.

Flawless game.

Granted he's not going to be this perfect every time we play but he's just ridiculously calm...makes it look too easy.

Spot on.

Rielly and Bernier def give Nonis chips to play with in Gardiner and Reimer if he wants to address needs to improve our club.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Leafs Win

Thrashers lose again

Hopefully the Smurfs lose to the Oilers, they're down 1-0

Wouldn't be a bad night after all.

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
how does a coach treat this goaltending situation now? Carlyle always says he wants to make the decisions that gives the team the best chance to win. I think that means starting Bernier next game, but is sitting multiple games in a row affecting Reimers confidence?

Going to be interesting for sure. Bernier has been fantastic.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i am not disappointed and are use to the preds not scoring and loseing these types of games.

You guys have a helluva defenceman in Seth Jones. Only his 4th game he plays like a vet out there. Preds fans have many years of enjoyment watching this kid play for your franchise.

Rielly Good

May 13, 2009
London, ON
Thoughts:
Rielly was Great. Kid is special
First line played well. So glad we have kessel locked up.
Lupul and Kadri need Clarkson/Kulie on that line, they still played well.
BERNIER!! Nuff said
Hope Franson is okay.

GOOD WIN. Ill take 4-1 record

Side note I saw SJ up 2-0. As I clicked it I was like no way Hertl scored again. But he didn't. Lol

GO LEAFS

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

You go with Bernier, truthfully. I think you have to. Truthfully this western swing is doing no favours either (because you can pull up the whole Bernier knows the west more), but I think that IS an advantage. the next Eastern team we play is I think, Pittsburgh? [no just checked - Hurricanes]

then more western teams, then the Penguins and then the CDN Western Road Swing.

you have to play Reimer eventually.. So do you play him against the Oilers/Hurricanes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad