Leafs Jersey: Adidas vs Fanatics, Sizing, Etc.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Thinking about getting a Tavares jersey before the season starts.

Anyone own a Fanatics Breakaway jersey instead of the Adidas? If so what are your thoughts about its quality? Is the fit more comfortable than the Adidas and is the cut basically similar to the old Reebok premiere jerseys?

I have not seen one yet in person but the obvious difference is the Fanatics are priced cheaper. I also learned the logo crest and number/lettering are the same regardless of the jersey size (yes, Adidas size 46 and lower get a smaller crest logo and numbers/lettering), two reasons why I'm leaning towards buying the Fanatics.

IsBZYua.png

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
An my experience the Fanatics gear looks like it came from Walmart -wrong colour, crappy material and difficult to return.

KnightsFan110

Apr 23, 2013
The Fanatics jersey looks like complete ass, splurge and get the better quality one. I know we make fun of people that wear them

Mkdaman1818

Jun 29, 2013
Fanatics is terrible. Save up and get an adidas instead. If you buy from coolhockey or icejerseys they have deals that can save you some money. Just don’t do the fanatics.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If you’re going to spend the money on a jersey to begin with, just pony up the extra money for the Adidas one.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Hmm.. I dunno I have to say I'm pretty happy with my Fanatics. I got it from Pro Hockey Life and they used actual stitched letters and numbers in place of the trashy silk screen. That would be my only worry about ordering Fanatics online. The silk screen. But otherwise I'm super comfy in it and I think it looks sharp. No need to blow $200+ in my eyes.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I thought the Fanatics felt cheaper when I looked at them earlier in the year. When comparing the Fanatics Arenas Jerseys to the Adidas one. I currently have the new Away JT jersey (will have to figure out how to get a letter put on if he gets one to start) and the Rielly Arenas.

I would recommend using this site. The numbers are stitched on, which is better than what you get at the Arena and a lot of stores, and I think they have a 20% off deal right now on Adidas stuff.

NHL, NFL, MLB Jerseys & Apparel | Official Sports Shop | IceJerseys

I also heard on this year's editions of the Adidas Indio-Edges that they are going back to a regular sized crest. I have no idea where your based out of, but if you really want to see the difference, I recommend just taking a trip down to the ACC and seeing for your self. Just because I wasn't enthused with the Fanatics, doesn't mean you won't be.

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
I thought the Fanatics felt cheaper when I looked at them earlier in the year. When comparing the Fanatics Arenas Jerseys to the Adidas one. I currently have the new Away JT jersey (will have to figure out how to get a letter put on if he gets one to start) and the Rielly Arenas.

I would recommend using this site. The numbers are stitched on, which is better than what you get at the Arena and a lot of stores, and I think they have a 20% off deal right now on Adidas stuff.

NHL, NFL, MLB Jerseys & Apparel | Official Sports Shop | IceJerseys

I also heard on this year's editions of the Adidas Indio-Edges that they are going back to a regular sized crest. I have no idea where your based out of, but if you really want to see the difference, I recommend just taking a trip down to the ACC and seeing for your self. Just because I wasn't enthused with the Fanatics, doesn't mean you won't be.

Pro Hockey Life.
They send them out to a guy who does jerseys for the NHL. Takes a few days.
Exact same font, material and stitching.
Fairly cheap as well.
I've had a few done through them along with my beer league team.

Reactions: The Cobra

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Pro Hockey Life.
They send them out to a guy who does jerseys for the NHL. Takes a few days.
Exact same font, material and stitching.
Fairly cheap as well.
I've had a few done through them along with my beer league team.
Oh, I feel I could send it back to Ice-Jerseys or Kleener (where I sent a 2001-2002 St. Pats recently to get Sundin put on). I'll go check them out, all I'll need down is a C or an A, so if they can do it cheaply without me having to pay to ship back and forth I'll definitely hit up the one in Vaughn Mills (seems to be the only one somewhat accessible off the subway line). Thanks for the suggestion.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Thinking about getting a Tavares jersey before the season starts.

Anyone own a Fanatics Breakaway jersey instead of the Adidas? If so what are your thoughts about its quality? Is the fit more comfortable than the Adidas and is the cut basically similar to the old Reebok premiere jerseys?

I have not seen one yet in person but the obvious difference is the Fanatics are priced cheaper. I also learned the logo crest and number/lettering are the same regardless of the jersey size (yes, Adidas size 46 and lower get a smaller crest logo and numbers/lettering), two reasons why I'm leaning towards buying the Fanatics.

IsBZYua.png
@cmorly

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA
Oh, I feel I could send it back to Ice-Jerseys or Kleener (where I sent a 2001-2002 St. Pats recently to get Sundin put on). I'll go check them out, all I'll need down is a C or an A, so if they can do it cheaply without me having to pay to ship back and forth I'll definitely hit up the one in Vaughn Mills (seems to be the only one somewhat accessible off the subway line). Thanks for the suggestion.
A C, lastname and all the #s cost $35 or so @ PHL. Really, really happy with all the jerseys they've customized. VMills is the one I deal with, too.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
A C, lastname and all the #s cost $35 or so @ PHL. Really, really happy with all the jerseys they've customized. VMills is the one I deal with, too.
Yeye, I already have the name and number on. Got it on a early summer sale on IceJerseys.com knowing at the time, if JT got a letter I'd have to figure it out when the season started. I think it was something like 30% off with no shipping, so I felt the deal was too good to turn down. Plus, hyped on the JT signing, and the fact it happened around the time I got cash back from the tax-man.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
John Tavares probably now holds the record for most jerseys sold before playing for a team.

Has to.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
John Tavares probably now holds the record for most jerseys sold before playing for a team.

Has to.
Maybe in the NHL. I have a feeling Lebron probably just shattered it in North America. Some of the Real Madrid or Manchester United purchases were probably insane and hold the world record.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I do have an Adidas jersey (AreTnas) and am pleased with it.

Toronto Maple Leafs Adidas Jersey Release Date

The deal breaker really is the crest/lettering sizing on 46 and below sizes. Adidas consider them as "youth" sizes, I need the smaller size for better fit so I don't swim in it.

This however will change (?) as per @93LEAFS as they may go back to regular crest sizing in the future due to community feedback. I will probably grab one then, for now I'll take a quick trip to Pro Hockey Life here in Durham and check them out instead of going to RealSports downtown.

Edit: Preds comparison, so if you're right next to your buddy at the game or a bar who is a bit larger than you, you'd look like either a kid or are wearing your wife's jersey :laugh:
pkqMyMN.jpg

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad