Proposal: Leafs-Islanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
No way from an Isles standpoint. Lou knows the best way to acquire talent is in the draft and patience. I am hoping he is patient enough not to mortgage young talent for a quick fix. The urge is there for short term scoring help, however, those three Isles players are going to be solid moving forward. Also, there is the financial aspect of their deals. Kapanen would help and would and should cost too much. Addressing a need while opening up a larger one. Just my 2 cents. Going to be a crazy upcoming week!

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Value aside, I don't see any of the Isles players helping the Leafs make the playoffs this year. They are very much in a fight and are most likely not going to trade active players for prospects unless this week basically bottoms out for them. Value is clearly in the Leafs favour but the media in Toronto would spin this as the Leafs giving the season up.

Either way Isles would never do this.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Mayfield is exactly the type of defenseman the Leafs need but yet they're just trading for prospects? Barrie is a UFA cap dump and Kapanen was added it because the trade would be laughed at even more if it was Ceci/Bracco/Kerfoot/etc instead. OP heavily favors the Leafs in the short term and future.
Personal Bias' aside, youre calling Barrie at $2.75 million, prorated (so way less on your cap now) a f***ing cap dump?

Do you know what a cap dump is?

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Isles had to go out and get Greene because they lost a stay at home d-man that is crucial to their style of play. We would not be able to let another one go without having to fill that hole again...

Barrie would be akin to plugging that round hole with a square peg.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think we can call this one, neither team does this trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad