Speculation: Leafs interested in Hurricanes RHDs

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Eaves hasn’t been claimed either. If he doesn’t get claimed? That contract can’t go through. Ducks are over the cap. So we will see March first once a 10 percent bump in the Tagging room is allowed.

Lots of things can happen between now and then.
Eaves already cleared waivers. ducks are staying under the cap because of LTIR. Who are still talking about trading Miller btw, because the guys with credibility like Stephens suggests the opposite. The Silf contract has been agreed on and confirmed by multiple people with insider knowledge, it's just a matter of when they'll sign it. You can ignore all the guys with credibility to push the narrative that this team is rebuilding, but in reality that's not happening.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Eaves already cleared waivers. ducks are staying under the cap because of LTIR. Who are still talking about trading Miller btw, because the guys with credibility like Stephens suggests the opposite. The Silf contract has been agreed on and confirmed by multiple people with insider knowledge, it's just a matter of when they'll sign it. You can ignore all the guys with credibility to push the narrative that this team is rebuilding, but in reality that's not happening.

I don’t know how they are gonna find that money for Silfverberg. Someone has to go. Only option I see is that 10 % bump in Tagging room which is March 1st, and it’s still gonna be tight. Either that or they trade someone at the deadline.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
What happened? Was Dubas sleeping?
The price to get Montour would have been what Lilijgren+2020 1st. The leafs believe in lilijgren so they must not have been interested in that deal. Also the ducks get a 2019 1st instead of a 2020 1st so that is advantage the sabres had which we couldnt offer. Still their are some options left to improve our defense and if we end up flopping in the playoffs we can look at different options in the offseason. Doubt the leafs make any major moves tommorrow.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
Always happens.

Supposedly Kapanen + 1st was needed for Muzzin.

Oh I know. It's like for Pesce or Hamilton Johnsson is junk and scraps do is a 2020 1st and say Rosen.

I know Pesce and Hamilton are the best comparison because they have multiple years until UFA but...Johsson isn't a scrap is the point

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Johnsson is a 24 year old rookie in his last ELC year. If he is so valuable, why did the TML hide him for two years in the AHL? Personally I would prefer any 1st round pick over Johnsson. I am not overly confident his point production is sustainable and he offers enough other elements to make him more than a bottom 6 winger. We heard basically the same about Brown. 20 goal scorer, can play up and down the line-up. And now? His 2.1 million are a cap casuality, plenty of TML fans are eager to trade.
This is just a tremendously bad take, top to bottom.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Ahahah..all those fans who said Johnsson and a 2019 2nd wasnt enough for Montour...wow. I'm posting as proof of all the insane proposals that arent even close to the real deal.
I’d rate Guhle and a SJ or STL 1ST (which are both easily more valuable than a Leafs 2ND) as slightly more valuable than that package to a rebuilding team and I’m not sure Anaheim has a pressing need for middle-6 tweeners so what exactly are you saying here?

Edit: saw that the 1ST isn’t the Sabres but the point still stands

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Can not see the Leafs having the pieces the Ducks are looking for. Either way to expensive (Nylander) or not at the same level (Kapanen).

This post is soawesome because HFboards mostly all agreed with it at the time.

HFBoards legitimately thought Brandon Montour was worth Willy or Kappy+....and they actually mocked leafs fans that disagreed with that lunacy.

This place is hilarious.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
This post is soawesome because HFboards mostly all agreed with it at the time.

HFBoards legitimately thought Brandon Montour was worth Willy or Kappy+....and they actually mocked leafs fans that disagreed with that lunacy.

This place is hilarious.

And people still have the aducity to claim that it’s supposedly Leafs fans who are the ones being unreasonable.

It’s such a joke

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Lol at Leafs fans in the thread bragging about being right about whatever, but don’t end up getting any Hurricane Dman.
What are you talking about? It was all speculation. Carolina and Toronto didn't come to an agreement so no trade.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
At least the good thing is that we get more Leafs/Canes threads all the way up to the draft this june. The next thread will be about how close the two teams were to a trade and it will be revisited this summer :laugh:

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad