Confirmed with Link: Leafs Hire Tony Martino as Amateur Scout

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Curious how much an amateur scout for an NHL team makes these days? Are we talking a full time job here or is this a position where you need other business or incomes sources on the side as well?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Curious how much an amateur scout for an NHL team makes these days? Are we talking a full time job here or is this a position where you need other business or incomes sources on the side as well?

well. i would assume enough - since you live out of your suitcases yeah? i don't see how you can do other businesses if you're doing like. Europe one month, Western Canada one week, Minnesota the other week.. etc.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
well. i would assume enough - since you live out of your suitcases yeah? i don't see how you can do other businesses if you're doing like. Europe one month, Western Canada one week, Minnesota the other week.. etc.

I thought it was more that they chose a guy for a region that involved travel within that region but not like a Head Scout who goes everywhere - I guess I wasn't envisioning a Willy Loman scenario in Death Of An Amateur Scout ... lol.

A friend of a friend is a former NHLer who scouts for an NHL team but has other irons in the fire -- was always curious how well they are compensated...

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

They aren't paid very well from what I understand.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
Ah ya it does - yikes! I guess Arthur Miller isn't such a bad guy to channel here.

Anyway... Congrats Tony - welcome aboard - find us some hidden gems!

Arthur Miller is a great theme for this thread as Mr. Martino here shares the same name as my high school English teacher. That's all I have to say about this.

Pholus

May 23, 2014

I would think that Hunter is the only guy who'll be travelling around to all the different regions. Most of the scouts would likely on leave their region if they are asked to take a look at some specific players and for the wjc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad