Confirmed with Link: Leafs have signed W Ilya Mikheyev to a 1 year ELC

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Neat. Here’s hoping.
Developed euro UFA’s are a Dubas favourite. Speedy with good size sounds good.
The more talent on the cheap, the better.
I still wonder if they’re in on Kaski too.

Reactions: Duffman955

AlienWorkShop

No, Ben! No!
Oct 30, 2004
It should be a crime to post a thread like this without including a link to his hockeydb/eliteprospects page.

(I wonder what the general success rate is like on these mid-20s Euro signings vs NCAA free agents? I suspect more success for the former...)

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs might need to replace Kapanen for cap reasons.

Because of how much $$ we will have invested in so few at the top, I expect Leafs to be very aggressive finding and signing "free wallets" for cheap to compensate in terms of cap space and spending.

Reactions: CreeksideStrangler

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
worth a shot, throwing some spaghetti around to see what sticks, but this particular player is not worth doing jumping jacks over.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs might need to replace Kapanen for cap reasons.

Because of how much $$ we will have invested in so few at the top, I expect Leafs to be very aggressive finding and signing "free wallets" for cheap to compensate in terms of cap space and spending.

For cap reasons and on ice value, Leaf fans should be hoping it's Nylander that is the right winger that is traded this summer.

Last edited:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Playing with Matthews, he’ll lead the league in off season goals by a right winger.

This opens up a Nylander trade to CBJ for Seth Jones

Reactions: therealkoho

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
The guy had one dominant season 6 years ago, then its pretty much AHL 1st/2nd line tweener stats since. MEH!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->