TSN: Leafs have more moves coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustJokinen

Vinnie Desharnais for Hart Ross
Apr 7, 2019
Cup Parade
Well, when your facing the unenviable task of having to go up against TB and BOS (barring a huge upset) in the first two rounds then yeah you have to load up. Just a brutal path to the Eastern conference finals if you're Toronto.
Crazy to think that's just to get halfway there

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
Well, Dubas might as well throw everything and anything possible to increase the Leafs chances of getting out of the first round otherwise you’d think he won’t be around next year.

As a non-Leafs fan, I am conflicted. I do like cheering for all Canadian based teams in the playoffs but ohhhh, the delicious fallout of another first round exit tugs greatly on my dark heart.

Cheering for other Canadian teams in the playoffs is one of the lamest things in the world. As a leafs fan, don't cheer for Toronto.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
So far, Dubas. Why wouldn't they announce an extension if it was in place?

Why would they announce it right now? There's no benefit.

The Leafs have had extensions in place multiple times where they announced it was after the fact. Remember Wilson? He was extended on Christmas and announced months later.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
Why would they announce it right now? There's no benefit.

The Leafs have had extensions in place multiple times where they announced it was after the fact. Remember Wilson? He was extended on Christmas and announced months later.
Why didnt they announce it when it was signed? So he wouldnt have to answer questions about his lame duck status and why he doesnt have an extension?

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Why didnt they announce it when it was signed? So he wouldnt have to answer questions about his lame duck status and why he doesnt have an extension?

Yeah.

It makes sense not to announce it right now. Then the media is asking why the Leafs did it now and not wait for the results of his trade. He's going to be scrutinized either way.

They're better off waiting and announcing it after the season, regardless of results.

I'd be pretty shocked to find out the Leafs let a GM who's job's on the line trade 1sts all the way to 2025 to save his job and leave the new GM nothing. Ownership obviously feels confident in him to allow these trades, meaning he's most likely here to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad