Sportsnet: Leafs have let go of Scott Pellerin (Director of Player Development)

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
While they are cleaning house, fire the head of concessions.
Maybe when we can go back to the games, they'll have a decent beer and something like bbq instead of nachos and popcorn
What, you don’t like dried out wrinkly foot long hot dogs for 12 bucks?

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
So, even IF, i was a LEAF insider, I would hold that position very, very briefly.

Funnily enough, we all here, are so acute, so obsessive with this bunch of guys, god I hate the word GROUP NOW, , BABCOCK REALLY over cured me of that one.

You tattle anything impactful , you are suddenly NOT, an insider. Yer a dirt bag.

I told you all borje was hired, it just hasnt been announced, IF it is not announced,

Well, shame on me.

Great, great guy. But via me, via him, all you will hear is good stuff. No trashing, no bashing, no nothing negative.

Heck listen to interviews with NHLers, fifty years ago. Nothing has changed. These guys, for whatever reason, venerated, the meat grinder they went through, and saw countless buddies friends, brothers cousins go through and not make it.

I will deliver some fun anecdotes at the appropriate times, but anything outside of the positive, pass all the way.

ALL the guys we discuss, criticize, negate, throw under bus after bus.

Many of these guys left home. After the age of 15.

So, all our boys, in our organization, get a big heads up from me and I am sure, borje at the appropriate time will tell us what it was like to grow up in a town, ABOVE, the artic circle.

All I ask from the guys I know, don'\t be too cruel. YA, some guys, just I guess don't have it.

Anyone here remember how we threw larry murphy under the bus, only to see him play well and win a Cup with Detroit.

I will do nothing for borje but honour his legacy. He, Keon, Kelly, Bower, Sawchuk. Irreplaceable.

Met Red Kelly.

Who was I. Kinda a somebody, but compared to him a total nobody.

We talked, for hours. Over an unscheduled dinner at the Cricket Club.

He died soon after. Never shared this before , I was a nobody, but its almost like he knew he was a goner.

He was very lonely. I stayed with him for three hours.

He was a superstar in the NHL.

i was a minor leaguer in my field who had one significant season.

He was so kind, so insightful, and I was dying to ask him some certain questions, he was so classy, I couldn't ask him anything off the cuff.

That guy, won us a lot.

A LOT.

Such a cool guy, his reward...... All the press will talk about is how he was a wingnut that believed in pyramids.

Superstar NHLer.

Nicest man, I might have ever met.

Is that inside enough, for anyone.

I really want to say. That Detroit was an NHL powerhouse. With Kelly as their Rielly, maybe a bit plus cannot say.

He gets traded under interesting circumstances to Toronto, Detroit, never wins a cup for decades and our Leafs go on a rampage with this guy.

What did Howe and Lindsay and Bobby Hull say about Red Kelly.....

That he single handedly turned one franchise into a Cup winner, and a Cup winner into a slow melting brew of failure.

The press..... gave him nothing.

Guy was a golden gloves boxing champion.

Not mentioned.

Incredible skater and puckhandler and teammate.

His reward. For standing up to the NHL.

A necromancer, who put pyramids under the bench for the Leafs.

Gordie Howe, and Ted Lindsay, both said, he took one franchise to the Cup and the former team to the abyss.

Don't piss around with the NHL. He did, so did Lindsay.

Are we seeing the emergence of the new Eklund?

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
Can easily see Montreal swooping him up. Lord knows they need player development

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
Can easily see Montreal swooping him up. Lord knows they need player development

You do realize that most media outlets have the Habs with one of the best farm systems out there. They have the air apparent to Price in Primeau and the best AHL team in the league. Romanov looks to be a stud and Phoeling and Ylonen look to be impact players when they get the call up. Add Caulfield to the mix and I think they could be great. Suzuki and Special K both need to take that next step. Especially Kot!

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
You do realize that most media outlets have the Habs with one of the best farm systems out there. They have the air apparent to Price in Primeau and the best AHL team in the league. Romanov looks to be a stud and Phoeling and Ylonen look to be impact players when they get the call up. Add Caulfield to the mix and I think they could be great. Suzuki and Special K both need to take that next step. Especially Kot!

CAUFIELD didn't develop in the HABS system he was a PRODUCT of their ELITE SCOUTING which is also ELITE

geo25

Sep 28, 2017
Want a cool conspiracy.....all we were told, in the past is that the COYOTES, were close to folding, relocating.

COVID arrives, no crowds. AND not a peep out of Arizona.

Hmmmmmm.

Seattle proceeds. They must be nuts not to be asking for a partial refund, or even asking for their money back, but nope, proceeding.

I could go into a lot of detail about all this, but no one would believe it, or like me any more.
Please elaborate a bit.....you got me curious!

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Send me a pm. Friend of mine and business partner, went to a game with me, and he was in real tight with a lot of the LEAFS, and he got us seats right in with the leaf wives and top brass. I sat beside a very important relative of.........' not saying, , a very handsome, very expensively dressed guy.

I told him about our work in Africa on AIDS, and the very unusual roadblocks to success we had.

He was very understanding and seemed to accept and even clarify even more why we were being thwarted.

He said its rare, to meet someone who really knows how the world is really run. Intimating the average fan is around the IQ level of a chimp.

Then after we suddenly got robbed, of game 5, with an over obvious referee hack job a la Kerry Fraser, I, got angry and yelled out, it was my friend, Darcy who got smoked into the boards by the rat himself, and with Darcy writhing on the ice, I SUDDENLY yelled out.

This insider looked at me, and basically told me I was a chimp like the rest of the fans and that it was all done anyways in seven for the Leafs. He literally was so disgusted that he had wasted that much of his time with a know nothing, he didn't say another word.

When we won in game seven as was supposedly arranged. I shook my head and did not watch hockey for a few years. But the fan in me came back.

I loved wrestling when I was very young, and I wasn't alone. But I thought man, everyone must know this is fake.

Some apparently don't.

its probably another reason NHLers are so terrified to talk about anything. And I mean terrified. T

They will talk golf, fishing etc... but there are not many Mike Commodores or Chris Chelios' out there.

But even they just stick to lambasting certain players in the theater.

They don't cross any other much more dangerous lines.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulhiggins

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Send me a pm. Friend of mine and business partner, went to a game with me, and he was in real tight with a lot of the LEAFS, and he got us seats right in with the leaf wives and top brass. I sat beside a very important relative of.........' not saying, , a very handsome, very expensively dressed guy.

I told him about our work in Africa on AIDS, and the very unusual roadblocks to success we had.

He was very understanding and seemed to accept and even clarify even more why we were being thwarted.

He said its rare, to meet someone who really knows how the world is really run. Intimating the average fan is around the IQ level of a chimp.

Then after we suddenly got robbed, of game 5, with an over obvious referee hack job a la Kerry Fraser, I, got angry and yelled out, it was my friend, Darcy who got smoked into the boards by the rat himself, and with Darcy writhing on the ice, I SUDDENLY yelled out.

This insider looked at me, and basically told me I was a chimp like the rest of the fans and that it was all done anyways in seven for the Leafs. He literally was so disgusted that he had wasted that much of his time with a know nothing, he didn't say another word.

When we won in game seven as was supposedly arranged. I shook my head and did not watch hockey for a few years. But the fan in me came back.

I loved wrestling when I was very young, and I wasn't alone. But I thought man, everyone must know this is fake.

Some apparently don't.

its probably another reason NHLers are so terrified to talk about anything. And I mean terrified. T

They will talk golf, fishing etc... but there are not many Mike Commodores or Chris Chelios' out there.

But even they just stick to lambasting certain players in the theater.

They don't cross any other much more dangerous lines.

Handsome AND precognitive?? Did you at least get his number?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Want a cool conspiracy.....all we were told, in the past is that the COYOTES, were close to folding, relocating.

COVID arrives, no crowds. AND not a peep out of Arizona.

Hmmmmmm.

Seattle proceeds. They must be nuts not to be asking for a partial refund, or even asking for their money back, but nope, proceeding.

I could go into a lot of detail about all this, but no one would believe it, or like me any more.
I'd love to know this story.....it's crossed my mind too how it is seemingly business as usual when it is clearly not....

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
MLSE is worth 1.5 billion. The Leafs alone pull in over 200 million in revenue per year. Operations can’t be more than 100-120 million since there’s a salary cap

And the parent company is Bell & Rogers lol
Yes and yes .. but bottom line only 60-80M in media revenue per year .. limited sponsor revenue from Scotia and boards maybe 10-20M per year .. merch is next to zero .. ticket subscription is zero .. arena sponsors is zero .. boxes zero .. food is zero .. basically revenues MAY??? cover player costs .. with govt support payments some of coaches/mgmt/employees get paid partially .. after that who knows but guaranteed they are running up a CREDIT line and who knows how comfortable Larry is with doing that .. my best guess he hates it with a passion and is pushing Shanny to drop costs everywhere he can

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Yes and yes .. but bottom line only 60-80M in media revenue per year .. limited sponsor revenue from Scotia and boards maybe 10-20M per year .. merch is next to zero .. ticket subscription is zero .. arena sponsors is zero .. boxes zero .. food is zero .. basically revenues MAY??? cover player costs .. with govt support payments some of coaches/mgmt/employees get paid partially .. after that who knows but guaranteed they are running up a CREDIT line and who knows how comfortable Larry is with doing that .. my best guess he hates it with a passion and is pushing Shanny to drop costs everywhere he can

MLSE probably had a billion dollars in assets that they liquidate to cover losses. There’s ZERO chance they are going in debt to cover losses from the last 2 seasons. Looking at how profitable they’ve been the last 20 years how on earth do you fathom debt? Do you think they just waste all the $ they make every year haha

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
MLSE probably had a billion dollars in assets that they liquidate to cover losses. There’s ZERO chance they are going in debt to cover losses from the last 2 seasons. Looking at how profitable they’ve been the last 20 years how on earth do you fathom debt? Do you think they just waste all the $ they make every year haha

Does Roger or Bell put the money in general coffers for themselves or does it go into a Leafs account.?
I assume Stavro just pockets his share.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Does Roger or Bell put the money in general coffers for themselves or does it go into a Leafs account.?
I assume Stavro just pockets his share.

I’m trying to find their financial statements online but I’d assume they put xx into investments and keep xx in cash. I can’t see any business just draining out their profits 100%

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Freidman is lying about why he was fired, it is not realistic to suggest that the MAPLE LEAFS, of ALL teams couldn't add without restructuring financially, there is not, never has been and never will be money issues in Toronto.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
He was running his own email server and sending info back to Lou labeled, "Secret" and "Top Secret".

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
no idea why there always seems to be some type of story that gets floated out by the team after every move

this one's stranger and harder to believe than most of the crap they leak , they'll trying to sell they couldn't afford what probably amounts to a few hundred thousand

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->