Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Please no more Playoff Freddy. I hope he stays injured. if Freddy plays 1st round... There's almost no point in watching he just finds ways to lose when it matters. I have had his back since day 1 against all the haters, after this season and now that he's UFA. enough is enough. pass the reigns to Campbell and see how it goes.

Playoff Starts
Campbell (29 years old) - 0
Rittich (29 years old) - 0
Hutchinson (31 years old) - 3

Yea, with that kind of experience how could you not be confident? :help:

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Playoff Starts

Strangely two of the last 5 Cups have gone to teams whose goalie had zero NHL playoff experience.

Reactions: Jmo89

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Playoff Starts

Really, trotting out Campbell over a healthy Andersen for Round 1 is one of those "so crazy it just might work" type of ideas.

Not my cup of tea personally and I doubt that's Dubas/Keefe's either.

At least if they fail with Andersen again they can safely absolve themselves of at least some of the blame and then not re-sign him.

Failing with Campbell on the other hand...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Strangely two of the last 5 Cups have gone to teams whose goalie had zero NHL playoff experience.

Not even that strange.

Since the cap, Ward and Niemi also won with zero playoffs experience.

Quick and Fleury and Crawford won on maybe their 2nd tries iirc?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Really, trotting out Campbell over a healthy Andersen for Round 1 is one of those "so crazy it just might work" type of ideas.

Not my cup of tea personally and I doubt that's Dubas/Keefe's either.

At least if they fail with Andersen again they can safely absolve themselves of at least some of the blame and then not re-sign him.

Failing with Campbell on the other hand...

On the flip side starting Andersen in the playoffs after a month of a half of no game action is a pretty risky idea too. Particularly considering Andersen struggled a bit when healthy this year and last, and has not had a great playoff track record to date.

IMO Keefe will run the hot-hand to start the playoffs. I only see Andersen starting if both Campbell and Rittich struggle in these remaining games. I imagine all three goalies have a short leash at this point.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
What’s with the 8pm start?

My guess is to capture the lead-in crowd from the Sens v Canucks game that starts at 530pm. This game is not on NBCSN so it had to be a Rogers decision.

I prefer 7pm. Growing up out east I do no miss the old 9pm HNIC start times in the pre-double-header days.

Reactions: ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->