Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BudForLife

Jul 18, 2009
Toronto
End their season.

We've been waiting to do it since 1979. Payback is coming!!!

I thought we ended their season one year when Paul Maurice was coach.

Habs needed to win the game to make the playoffs but we put them out of their misery.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. :huh:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

At least Liljegren is a buffer between reality and fantasy for Marincin. Good sign.

He's pretty much 7th to 9th on the depth chart when everyone is healthy which is fine for the time being. Still like to get him a game or two because with injuries and stuff, we might need him in the playoffs.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
I thought we ended their season one year when Paul Maurice was coach.

Habs needed to win the game to make the playoffs but we put them out of their misery.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me. :huh:

It was game 82 of that Leafs season. Leafs won, Habs was eliminated.

The Leafs temporarily hold the 8th spot until the next day, the infamous Devils/Isles game where the Isles won in playoff clinching shootout.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
What's the chances we can lock up first in the division and rest our guys and just run them main roster through practice before playoffs?

Can we rest our main roster and give them 2-3 games off before playoffs? With guarantee 1st place locked up?

I don't want unnecessary injuries before playoffs and would rather rest our guys to heal up any nagging pain and just practice and concentrated on beating Montreal's system as they will have to play their main roster till the end to get in the PO with Calgary right behind them.

Reactions: The Cobra

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
What's the chances we can lock up first in the division and rest our guys and just run them main roster through practice before playoffs?

Can we rest our main roster and give them 2-3 games off before playoffs? With guarantee 1st place locked up?

I don't want unnecessary injuries before playoffs and would rather rest our guys to heal up any nagging pain and just practice and concentrated on beating Montreal's system as they will have to play their main roster till the end to get in the PO with Calgary right behind them.

I wouldn't expect much resting.

We have a nice leisurely schedule the rest of the way. I'd worry about them getting rusty if we gave them a bunch of games off.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I wouldn't expect much resting.

We have a nice leisurely schedule the rest of the way. I'd worry about them getting rusty if we gave them a bunch of games off.

And if they do rest them, it won't be until the Leafs are able to lock up the division. Assuming they get it done.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017

There are 5 days between our last game and Vancouver's last game. That should provide plenty of rest.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
And if they do rest them, it won't be until the Leafs are able to lock up the division. Assuming they get it done.
Looks like a longish break after the season until playoffs start, as we wait for the Canucks to finish up, so suspect we keep them fresh knowing that.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Nothing I enjoy more than beating the Habs. Caulfield looks like a player. He always puts himself in a position to score. It’s his defensive game that may get him in the dog house. We will see. Feeling good about this one. 5-2 buds with empty net.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
our 4th line looks more impressive than our 3rd

looking forward to Ben Hutton's debut as a maple leaf!

When can we expect Riley Nash? In the playoffs or just before

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
69 points will do it no matter how other teams do. Or a TOR regulation win and VAN regulation loss tonight!
It's any combination of our points plus points lost for either Vancouver or Montreal that equals to 5.
Actually it's 4 as the users in the magic number thread explained the tie breaker scenarios. Basically a win and a Vancouver loss in regulation would pretty much seal it.

Last edited:

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Bogo's injury sucks but it's an opportunity for Dermott to show his value to the team but stepping up and helping more on the PK

If by Dermott you mean Sandin then I agree

I think Dermott is what he is at this point.
Sandin too, but definitely Dermott as well with the way Sandin is playing; just because he's been in the top 6 all year doesn't mean he's a lock there over Sandin who has been fantastic as of late. Also, Dermott is the one currently filling the void on the PK with Bogo out, not Sandin.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
For the simple sake of physicality, I would rather skate with montreal then hack with calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad