Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Honestly, I’ve just streamed games online since 2013 when I moved away for university. It’s just so convenient.

The gaming industry learned its lesson with Steam, music with Spotify, and film/tv with Netflix. If you want people to stop pirating you have to offer an affordable, convenient product. If I could pay $200 a season and get every game blackout free I would do it in a heartbeat. Until then, I’m just gonna do what’s the easiest for me.

Yep. I’m going to be a pirate in the high seas if you don’t make it convenient for me to pay you to get what I want to watch. There are just so many options to watch games.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
After 2 periods, Josh Anderson and Corey Perry lead all (Habs) forwards in icetime. This is not a good team.

I watched some of that game too, what in the hell happened to Gaudreau? He was absolutely terrible! Could not pick up or make a pass the entire 3rd period (didn't see anything before that). No pressure on him and he was panicking... he's a shadow of what he once was. CGY showed why they will miss the playoffs with that exhibition in that game. The Habs played pretty tight D and Calgary didn't even come close to scoring outside that random post on a shot from the point.

Hope the boys come ready to doll out some hurt to the Habs on Wednesday. No doubt it'll be a tight game on the scoreboard.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
so the habs won. I guess for the folks that wanted to drop the game against habs so that they get them in the playoffs i guess it is alright to beat the shit out of the habs on wednesay eh? ;)

I don’t care who we face in the first round, we’re going to smack them silly anyways. I want to beat the shit out of the Habs for four regular season games before we do the same in the playoffs.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
Ugh. Just when you thought this team had moved out of the shadow of Andersen's unclutchiness, he rears his head again. And with his patented smug, self-congratulatory remarks and all.

Give me humble Jack any day. His ~20 games as a Leaf is as good or better than any stretch of 20 games Andersen has given us in 5 years. It's Campbell's net!

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
what happened tonite will have zero bearing on what happens vs the leafs. everyone brings their A game vs the leafs. If /Rittich /Campbell can be lights out we have a chance to win

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Jets imploding tonight..you love to see it. That said, Oilers do look good as well. They have 3 games in hand on us, if they win those games, they are only 3 Pts behind us. So we gotta ensure we finish strong here at the end of the year

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
why did you go post disrespecting posts over on the jets board?, they just got beat badly, and you go rub it in, stay classy.... just horrible
Like they wouldn’t do the same? Lol.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Win and continue the streak while giving hope to Nucks and Flames or lose and crush the dreams of Nucks and Flames. So hard to choose.
Just win boys

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Win and continue the streak while giving hope to Nucks and Flames or lose and crush the dreams of Nucks and Flames. So hard to choose.
Just win boys
I want to see this "juggernaut" Habs team miss the playoffs.

Would be hilarious to see all the people that legitimately thought Toffoli and Andersen would maintain 25-30% shooting percentages or that Kotkaniemi/Suzuki would have success against McDavid/ Matthews/ Draisaitl/ Tavares/ Scheifele on a regular basis just flabbergasted as to how this could have possibly happened.

Reactions: wingman75

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
At the rate Winterpeg is playing, they may end up missing the playoffs. It is still unlikely but wow, that would be hilarious.

The Jets let the Oilers pass them, but we will do our part tomorrow and keep the Habs in fourth with a win.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The Oilers are up 6-1 on the Jets and are still talking about Matthews and Marner in their GDT.. talk about being in their head :laugh:

... so I'm assuming they are still double-shifting McDavid and Drai on the PP amirite?

Yes McDavid is great and all but there was one game earlier this year where they were up 7-1 on the Sens and McDrai played something like 6 straight minutes in the 3rd due to powerplays, a TV timeout, etc.

That's something you do playing NHL21 against your little brother, not in the NHL. If that was Matthews/Marner the TSN panel quizmaster would be asking "Should there be a rule to limit how many PP minutes certain forwards get?" ... or "Should there be a mercy rule preventing top PP units from stat padding?"

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
I don't wanna be rude (said someone about to be rude)
But I don't even want Marinicin breathing the same air as this team.......
How many pictures of Dubas does this guy have????

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I want to see this "juggernaut" Habs team miss the playoffs.

Would be hilarious to see all the people that legitimately thought Toffoli and Andersen would maintain 25-30% shooting percentages or that Kotkaniemi/Suzuki would have success against McDavid/ Matthews/ Draisaitl/ Tavares/ Scheifele on a regular basis just flabbergasted as to how this could have possibly happened.

Who where those people who thought Taffoli and Anderson could maintain a 25-30% Shooting%? The fact is Taffoli (4th in goal scoring with 25 goals in 44 games) and Anderson (17 goals) were good pickups for the Habs. Unfortunately for them, most of their remaining cast has come up short.

RaFe

Aug 1, 2019
Just gotta hope Jack's mini slump is behind him and be finishes the season strong.

Would be hellatough for Keefe not to start him in Game 1 in that scenario.

If Jack slumps again, tho, all bets are off.

If anybody in net can put up numbers like last time against CBJ I'm positive we will do fine; and I think Campbell can do just that.
Jack should be our starter for sure and should he crumble - or need a rest - I just hope Freddy isn't too rusty.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
They better be prepared for Montreal’s hacking, cheap ass style.
We have to send a message right now, they start hacking at Matthews wrist, we take out Anderson and Weber with the most flagrant cheap shots ever seen.
No. No cheap shots. Stand up for yourself by dropping the mits, or laying the body.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->