Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Not sure how we get $5M of CAP space back??????????????????????? Bogo $1M to LTIR ok, Hutton and Rittich on waivers?????????????? , Robertson and Sandin back down???????????????, Gally back down????????????, only 1M of CAP space today .. and why would we put these guys on waivers when we got them for playoff security .. I think Freddy will practice for a week or so and see how is groin is doing .. if he is fine then it may come up .. but my guess is he will come back for playoffs as a backup

Reactions: Brown Dog

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Odds Andersen starts Game 1 in the playoffs?

How many games must he play and play well in for you to be confident in him starting Game 1?

[Assuming we can get him in before the playoffs with some cap juggling]

Reactions: stuart5035

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
Andersen back is good for our goalie depth, Campbell goes down we don't need to toss Hutch or Rittich in. Plus Andersen has something to prove probably has a fire in his belly right now.

I still don't see him coming in before the playoffs, the financial juggling would be nuts plus don't want to rush him.

Campbell is my #1 going in, he's a big reason we are #1 in the North and has played well enough to earn the nod regardless of Andersens health.

But always good to have depth in the position.

Lots can change between now and then but this is how i see it playing out.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Not sure how we get $5M of CAP space back??????????????????????? Bogo $1M to LTIR ok, Hutton and Rittich on waivers?????????????? , Robertson and Sandin back down???????????????, Gally back down????????????, only 1M of CAP space today .. and why would we put these guys on waivers when we got them for playoff security .. I think Freddy will practice for a week or so and see how is groin is doing .. if he is fine then it may come up .. but my guess is he will come back for playoffs as a backup

My bet is that Pridham and Dubas have it calculated to the penny on how to get Freddy a game or 2 at the end of the regular season.

3 days of Freddy on the Cap should be doable I would think.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Andersen is back in practice. Thoughts?

Oh, thoughts sire? Andersen will become our "old" number uno goalie for surely. Soon too. He might even plesay tomorrow already sire. He that fine cat now. Yeah boyyy. Our current gezoalies is making saves, but sometimes crumbling unda presha. Andersen might and will be our current number uno, when the real games begin. Our campbell is real cool and good, but this season has shown why number ones are number ones. Y'all already know. See when it happens. Again.

There it is, written down on wood and stone, again. I knows bout life sire.

Reactions: deltamachine

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Almost want to lose this game to ensure a first round match up with them.
You want them bad don’t ya haha. I want to put them out. Calgary is sniffing right at their heels to take the playoff spot from them. I don’t mind Calgary and the way they play for a long time. I would rather demolish Vancouver and Montreal and help Calgary in personally.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Campbell doesn’t deserve to lose the net by coaches decision. Andersen is the Backup now come playoffs. Campbell healthy and Andersen healthy come pkayoffs with this team in front of them is a good chance to win lots and maybe all. I wouldn’t appreciate it if Keefe took the net from Campbell. Nothing wrong with Keefe saying to Freddy I’m just not taking the net from him Freddy. Campbell has to lose the net, it can’t be taken
There is a code of honour there you can’t break.

Last edited:

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Freddy could do a AHL rehab assignment and then play the last game of the season and be deemed ready.
The problem I have with this is Freddy's penchant for being a slow starter. Wes this a long enough break to be considered starting over for him?

As far as Montreal goes a Montreal loss is ALMOST as uplifting as a TML win in my books.
LOVE-LOVE for them to miss the playoffs based on us beating them 3 of 4 down the stretch.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Andersen will have to get his games with the Marlies on a conditioning stint. They won’t be finding space on our roster.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Hope they put Freddy in a couple AHL games before he plays here.

If he comes backs and sucks, the noise would be too loud.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Andersen can't start in the playoffs without getting a few actual games in first, he's been out too long and there's too little room for error if he comes in and clearly isn't 100%. If that means AHL starts, fine, but he needs to see game action.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Hope they put Freddy in a couple AHL games before he plays here.

If he comes backs and sucks, the noise would be too loud.

I read somewhere that if you loan him to the Marlies for a conditioning stint he starts counting on the cap at that point. I think it was an article in the Athletic.

That would likely squash that possibility but I do think they will get him into a game or 2 in games 55/56 which will essentially be meaningless games as far as the standings go anyway.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Might be good to test Andersen. Make sure he is in form. I'd rather him play games in the last 3 games of the season for injury reasons.

I think this is likely just him practicing, Campbell will likely be our starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->