Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Habs: Wednesday 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
LFG!

yjhCP0r.gif
Man I love seeing this. You can tell the boys are having fun right now. Which is exactly what this group needs. Gotta wonder how much an impact like jumbo is making on the room, even when he is injured. Also simmonds. This is an energy I haven't seen from AM/Mitch since their rookie years.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
If you are not going to play Sabourin in games like these, then why did you even sign him?

I would love nothing more for the Leafs to light up Montreal to put them in their place

They have had a hot start but I am still not convinced this is a good team

I feel like Sabourin should only play against teams that has a Tkachuk, for eg. Ottawa or Calgary.

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
It's vital to win these games in order to give us a higher seed in the North Division playoffs and higher seed after that as well.

Win baby Win!

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Looked at the schedule for Feb 13 - 20

Montreal
Feb 13 vs Toronto
Feb 20 @Toronto

Toronto
Feb 13 @montreal
Feb 15 vs Ottawa
Feb 17 vs Ottawa
Feb 18 vs Ottawa
Feb 20 vs Montreal

How did that ever get through their schedule making software? Might as well forfeit that Feb 20 game now.

On the flip side, Montreal does play Edmonton Thursday night while we're off until the rematch on Saturday. Sweep both games in regulation and we can negate a potential disaster next Saturday

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Does Montreal's record prove that last season was a fluke for them? Or that this division is a bit of a joke? Or both?
Our division is average. Montreal has greatly improved with signings this summer. They have added some scoring and size. Two things they were clearly missing in previous seasons.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Our games against the Habs are going to feel like a playoff series all season, then we're probably gonna get a series against them. I was honestly a little bummed that it looked like they were downtrending to what looked like a long rebuild with all those long contracts to older guys because I thought we might miss getting a bunch of series against them. I still think they get pulled under by those contracts for a while, but I love to hate the Habs and pumped that we're going to get a rivalry again.

+1

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Man I love seeing this. You can tell the boys are having fun right now. Which is exactly what this group needs. Gotta wonder how much an impact like jumbo is making on the room, even when he is injured. Also simmonds. This is an energy I haven't seen from AM/Mitch since their rookie years.

they have taken on more of a leadership role this year. It’s nice to see, we are especially attached because we are watching them grow up before our eyes. They are maturing into amazing players and leaders, they have come along way. All those guys, Hyman, Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
If we beat up on VAN/OTT --> .800 winning % = 30 points

Take 5 of 9 or 6 of 10 from CAL/WIN/EDM - 32 points

I'm ok with playing the Habs to .500 winning % (4-4-1) = 9 points

That would be 71 points --> .634 Winning %

= 104 point pace (82 game season)

That's only 50 more points in the remaining 43 games = 23-16-4 (95 point pace)

We would likely finish first or second in the Division and we'd be adding at the TDL.

Leafs - Habs in the 2nd round. Man I've waited since 1979 to see that.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
A lot of the narrative from fans and media so far has been that the North is weak and Montreal is the only true test. This game is also being hyped up like crazy.

What does that spell? A loss, whether big or small, will have fans and media overreacting like we are in Vancouver's situation.

Me? I'll just be sitting here like chill 10-3-1 on to the next one and Matthews is bae.

Bigbadhabs33

Jan 19, 2021
Yeah I heard same thing from kids that Simmonds had already told guys he was gonna challenge Weber before game in pre game skate in Montreal just to get the temp ... who knows if Weber accepts or cowards out but da scene would have been set and Habs room would have known when they went back in dressing room ... I used that tactic a few times myself
Lol why would the captain who is way more valuable to the team go and fight someone who isn't. Its like saying I wonder if mathews would fight Edmonson

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Man, if we have a really good week and a bit, from Feb 13th-20th, the standings could look pretty great for us. Yes, we'd have more games played (by 3 I think?) but we could be potentially as many as like 13 points ahead (if the Habs lose to Edmonton, who are playing much better since they first played the Habs). We need to keep our foot on the gas and come out ready each night. Big opportunity.

Last edited:
Reactions: leafsfan2point0

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Lol why would the captain who is way more valuable to the team go and fight someone who isn't. Its like saying I wonder if mathews would fight Edmonson
Why da f*ck did ur captain cross check Matty 5X in da back and hurt him for??? Back in my day if that happened to our best player it was immediate cross check to nose to break it and then destroy guy with everything you had. Then message was loud and clear. There was no misunderstandings.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Why da f*ck did ur captain cross check Matty 5X in da back and hurt him for??? Back in my day if that happened to our best player it was immediate cross check to nose to break it and then destroy guy with everything you had. Then message was loud and clear. There was no misunderstandings.

I thought it was Chiarot doing the cross checks.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
People can call the North weak, but I still say a team from there will make it to the conference finals. Bold take, I know.

Fans of teams from the other divisions would be unwise to downplay the good teams in the North. Whoever emerges from this division into the conference finals (hopefully us) will be feeling really confident and will undoubtedly be a threat to win it all.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012

Because now the guy who dishes out justice works for the NHL and if a player takes matters into his own hands, he's a villain. Just gotta sit back and let the NHL handle things like they did when Kerfoot got run in the numbers the other night. If a Leafs player gave the perpetrator a deserved beat down, he would probably get suspended and cost his team the game and then we'd get to hear from our great media on how he's such a bad guy.

Protect the pests and punish the guys keeping them in check all while screwing up officiating and discipline.

Progress in the new NHL.....

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
People can call the North weak, but I still say a team from there will make it to the conference finals. Bold take, I know.

Isn't that a given? The winner of the North plays the winner of the East in the conference finals. Definitely a more favourable path for the Leafs than that of previous years which went through Boston.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Isn't that a given? The winner of the North plays the winner of the East in the conference finals. Definitely a more favourable path for the Leafs than that of previous years which went through Boston.

I'm thinking he meant the SCF.

Reactions: ToneDog

Bigbadhabs33

Jan 19, 2021
Gallagher gets hit like that all the time when he's in a dirty area, it's the way the game is played. He's a foot smaller then most players and he takes that punishment. If you don't want that cross check keep away from that area. I wouldn't have my star player in that area considering he's way more leathal just shooting the puck. Looking forward to an entertaining game, leafs are playing great, if we can stay from taking penalties habs should win if not then its an easy win for the Leafs

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Because now the guy who dishes out justice works for the NHL and if a player takes matters into his own hands, he's a villain. Just gotta sit back and let the NHL handle things like they did when Kerfoot got run in the numbers the other night. If a Leafs player gave the perpetrator a deserved beat down, he would probably get suspended and cost his team the game and then we'd get to hear from our great media on how he's such a bad guy.

Protect the pests and punish the guys keeping them in check all while screwing up officiating and discipline.

Progress in the new NHL.....
I am so sick of that BS with Jacobs too ... most of u guys don't know it but everyone in hockey has known for many years about this Jacobs BS with Bettman for years ... ask Shanny how many times a day Jacobs calls Gary ... he was there he knows ... Leafs Habs and Rangers need to stand up and romp out this BS and create their own gang ... Jacobs and his crew need to get taught a lesson too ... we need to get more professional at board level here

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Gallagher gets hit like that all the time when he's in a dirty area, it's the way the game is played. He's a foot smaller then most players and he takes that punishment. If you don't want that cross check keep away from that area. I wouldn't have my star player in that area considering he's way more leathal just shooting the puck. Looking forward to an entertaining game, leafs are playing great, if we can stay from taking penalties habs should win if not then its an easy win for the Leafs
I can't wait it will be a great game ... I love Gally he is my fav on ur team but it is a little different when he crashes da net for pucks ... Matty was just cruising through for a tip ... he did nothing to deserve da Weber whacks and then da Chiarot whacks ... you know that too i suspect ... anywho I have it on good sources that Simmonds will challenge Weber next game when it is his time ... should be a good tilt ... Simmonds is in fine form toying with Benn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad