Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @Habs. Saturday 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I've been hearing that he is injured potentially. Saw it posted on a thread here will try and find. I dont know if he was injured or maybe just slightly hurt and potentially being rested.

There was a game earlier this year where Jack Campbell was starting and Aaron Dell was his backup, Freddy wasn't hurt. I think last night they just gave him a full night off. I don't think he is hurt.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I need the Leafs to play someone different.

Id Like to see them play the Jets again.

Scary thing for the Jets is that they have almost half their games left against the Leafs and the Habs. (only played either of them once)

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
I had already kind of written this game off given the leafs 5 in 8 playing a well rested Habs team. Then I thought this is the type of character game that shows a lot about a teams desire to be the best. Hoping they can find a way.

Reactions: Burnie97

freshwind

Mar 23, 2002
Wednesday and Saturday. I can't recall the in progress thing, not saying it didn't happen.
Saturday night games used to be at 8 pm, broadcast began at 8:30 - games were joined in progress... usually about 12-14 minutes in to the 1st period ..... can't really remember about the wednesday games.....
satuday was cbc, wednesday was ctv ...

Reactions: Macallan18

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Matthews has zero goals against the Habs this season.

That must change tomorrow

But how many has he got on Price over the years? Still shocked he missed the 2-1 last game. Had the entire top corner but missed the net. Weird seeing him miss that. Could have been a huge goal putting them up 2-0.

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
This is a game that the Leafs should lose. Coming off short rest 3rd game in 4 nights on the road with a rested Habs team who has had a full week of practice and rest. We need to play our A+++ game to have a shot and can't just rely on talent. Habs stole the last game on a couple of flukey bounces so hopefully things even out a bit tomorrow. Just put in an honest effort and let the chips fall where they may.

I hope they put some energy guys into the lineup. Sabourin would be nice.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
But how many has he got on Price over the years? Still shocked he missed the 2-1 last game. Had the entire top corner but missed the net. Weird seeing him miss that. Could have been a huge goal putting them up 2-0.
How about too many? :sarcasm:

Might need some popcorn, found this compilation of Matthews goals against Price from 2016-2020

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
I had already kind of written this game off given the leafs 5 in 8 playing a well rested Habs team. Then I thought this is the type of character game that shows a lot about a teams desire to be the best. Hoping they can find a way.

No reason they can't easy win the North. Keep the pedal down.

Matthews has zero goals against the Habs this season.

That must change tomorrow

He will. He's scored plenty on price top shelf.

Reactions: willmma

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Aren't we all "dealing with some things"?
I mean sure. But if you wanna shrug it off as just a maintenance day or something that's you.

Leafs have played him hard, and they've had their little break of time off, so I don't buy the whole he's tired excuse.

In his last game, he read a play wrong and was way out of his crease, the puck came back and he had to stretch out his left leg and made a huge save to takeaway a goal. Do you remember? People were like hugeeee save Freddie. But I feel he tweaked something there.

Even Keefe is being cautious with what he's saying in media regarding goalie.

Hopefully it's nothing though, and he starts against Canadiens.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I mean sure. But if you wanna shrug it off as just a maintenance day or something that's you.

Leafs have played him hard, and they've had their little break of time off, so I don't buy the whole he's tired excuse.

In his last game, he read a play wrong and was way out of his crease, the puck came back and he had to stretch out his left leg and made a huge save to takeaway a goal. Do you remember? People were like hugeeee save Freddie. But I feel he tweaked something there.

Even Keefe is being cautious with what he's saying in media regarding goalie.

Hopefully it's nothing though, and he starts against Canadiens.
I get some are saying the players were giving the puck away etc. However Fred let 4 of the last 12 shots he faced in the 3rd and OT in. I can't be sure but I think it was the last shot of the 2nd period he let in as well If that is correct he let in 5 of the last 13 he faced.

Having said that he didn't look good all game, he was flopping all over even on his saves. Ottawa would have had 3 or 4 more easily if they had a guy available to shoot in the rebound because the net was wide open after the 1st save, I think Fred is injured.

Cpt Maple Leaf

Jul 19, 2009
If Hutch gets the start so be it. Obviously prefer Fred but if he is hurt he should rest. Hutch made some decent saves last night, definitely makes me nervous though.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
I honestly don't know what to expect from this game. The Habs might be a little rusty but we might be a little tired. Our workload is starting to add up and it won't get better any time soon. We have only one, 2 day break in the next 2 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad