Leafs Habs poll

1st round prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
the leafs have yet to prove they can win in the playoffs,even if they beat the habs because we're really not that good they would get destroyed by the better teams in the east

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I was surprised that so many Leafs fans felt compelled to vote in this poll. Coming here to vote for their team renders the results useless.

Honestly, they have every right to feel they'll smash us. They pretty much handled us all season, even when healthier. They got the top goal scorer in the league and some great support. Their defence is waaayyyy better than I initially gave them credit for and if Foligno comes back healthy, he is exactly what they need and what was missing past years.

Of course, I hope we can find a way to win but I'm not too optimistic at the moment. Our health going into the playoffs is still in question with so many players still day to day. I do think if we can really play to our abilities for a full 60 minutes, we can certainly hang with Toronto, possibly beat them, but we've only had 1 or 2 games in the Ducharme-era where we played a full 60 minutes.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
the leafs have yet to prove they can win in the playoffs,even if they beat the habs because we're really not that good they would get destroyed by the better teams in the east
Why though? Is limiting it to just Habs fans just as biased?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Might be in the minority but I think MTL is built well for the playoffs.

I think we have the edge on goaltending and defence...we were 2 goals away from ending the season series 4-5..it's not like the leafs ran us out of the building.

Depends on health for goaltending and D. And even D is iffy. And Toronto has clearer edges in coaching and offense.

It might have been different under Julien, but healthy or not, Montreal hasn't been close to beating teams at ES under Ducharme as they did under Julien. And Montreal isn't strong enough at special teams to make up for that. They need an insane goaltending performance to stand a chance.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Honestly, they have every right to feel they'll smash us. They pretty much handled us all season, even when healthier. They got the top goal scorer in the league and some great support. Their defence is waaayyyy better than I initially gave them credit for and if Foligno comes back healthy, he is exactly what they need and what was missing past years.

Of course, I hope we can find a way to win but I'm not too optimistic at the moment. Our health going into the playoffs is still in question with so many players still day to day. I do think if we can really play to our abilities for a full 60 minutes, we can certainly hang with Toronto, possibly beat them, but we've only had 1 or 2 games in the Ducharme-era where we played a full 60 minutes.
Fans will fan. Leafs fans can be as excited as they want about their team having a strong season, but the gap between our two healthy rosters is slim, much slimmer than the fanboy reactions suggest. Not in terms of top-end talent, obviously, but in bottom-line results. Every game (except the one Primeau started) was decided by a single goal. We forget what a healthy Habs lineup looks like, and we forget how a playoff series alters how teams play.

Leaf fans keep pointing to their stars as the reason their team is a slam-dunk favourite, yet Toronto's stars are the same players who've lost every single playoff series. They didn't add a single new star, so why is this year different? If they're lucky, it'll be because they added depth and a better system. That's where a series is won or lost, and that's where the Habs can beat them. Obviously, all this goes out the window if Gallagher, Price, Danault, Weber are still out or rusty.

Reactions: smirob

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Don't get me wrong, we are the underdog in a leafs/habs playoff series.

But less calls (typically), tighter hockey and experience (slightly and if healthy) might be in our favour.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No Habs-Jets thread yet???

Leafs are now in our rearview mirror.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad