Leafs Habs poll

1st round prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Full Leafs line up needed a comeback win against us missing 4 of our best players and they have a long history of choking. If we were facing the Sens likely sweep us in 4 but we will take Leafs in 7

If I’m right great, if I’m wrong and it causes a big overhaul then even better
We were missing Hyman, Foligno and Bogosian. Definitely not a full lineup

Reactions: Mad hatter

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Unless the Leafs completely choke, they should have no trouble moving on against this team. Our centers have less than 100 points between them on the season, so, not only do they not score many goals, they don't help to create many either. The Leafs have a strong top 6 and can walk over us unless we can get away with more obstruction simply because it is playoff hockey.

The same thing applies to our D group, Petry is the only standout in the entire group and unless as I said earlier, the referees look the other way when Weber and Chiarot dole out 5 crosschecks each per shift there is little chance of success. I do realize that the games still need to be played and once you make the playoffs that anything can happen but it seems highly unlikely.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I am hoping for a classic leaf choke job, but I feel habs canes from 2002?? is more likely. We get up a game or two on their ice, walk around like a peacock, as mentioned MB will get 2 threads of how well he built the habs, then get blown away in 4 straight.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Not nearly as impactful as Habs' missing players, Price, Gallagher, Danault, Weber, Drouin, and Byron.

Thing is the Leafs roster right now injured is better than a fully healthy Habs roster.

Then you add Foligno, Hyman and Nash to that roster and it’s not close.

But hockey is never that simple, and the better team on paper isn’t always the winner.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
Would Andersen be a factor even if he was healthy? Gotta say, you guys have dumped hard on him, and a lot really wasn't his fault, IMO.
I don’t know, Campbell has played better than I thought he would but not a very big sample size yet. A healthy Andersen is still probably the best goalie we have in my opinion.

I also acknowledge that the Habs injuries are more valuable players to your team then ours are. Price does have a tendency to make other fan bases very nervous for sure. Just saying that the leafs aren’t at full roster and the ones missing ours are playoff valuable players , we hope.

Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Thing is the Leafs roster right now injured is better than a fully healthy Habs roster.

Then you add Foligno, Hyman and Nash to that roster and it’s not close.

But hockey is never that simple, and the better team on paper isn’t always the winner.
Your third sentence is the correct response to your first two sentences. What you imagine to be "Not close" isn't the reality. A healthy Habs roster has and possibly will beat the Leafs.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Leafs in 5. Unless KK steps up like he did last playoffs this team doesn't have the depth at center to compete. Habs will get a win in the game Suzuki puts up points.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I don’t know, Campbell has played better than I thought he would but not a very big sample size yet. A healthy Andersen is still probably the best goalie we have in my opinion.

I also acknowledge that the Habs injuries are more valuable players to your team then ours are. Price does have a tendency to make other fan bases very nervous for sure. Just saying that the leafs aren’t at full roster and the ones missing ours are playoff valuable players , we hope.
I'm hoping we see a best-on-best series from two healthy lineups. It would be a shame for the first Mtl/Tor series in decades to be tainted by what-ifs.

Anyway, good luck! The smart predictions are the most nervous ones, from fans that know how tight this will probably be.

Reactions: Mad hatter

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Leafs always find a way to grab defeat from the hands of victory. Habs in 7 then Habs swept in second round.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Your third sentence is the correct response to your first two sentences. What you imagine to be "Not close" isn't the reality. A healthy Habs roster has and possibly will beat the Leafs.

So a completely healthy habs team is comparable to a fully healthy leafs team?

They’re absolutely not. That doesn’t mean the leafs will dunk on them in a short series but you’d have to be a huge homer not to see that.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

They’re absolutely not. That doesn’t mean the leafs will dunk on them in a short series but you’d have to be a huge homer not to see that.
Leafs would have the edge in 3-on-3 OT, but a healthy Habs team in the playoffs? Absolutely comparable. It's a bit hard to remember what 'healthy' looks like because Montreal has been missing Price and Gallagher for over a month, and Weber for almost as long.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Please let the NHL gods not allow us to clinch resulting in an embarrassing sweep to the Loafs. :baghead::shakehead

74 others

Jul 3, 2015
Montreal

Matthews and Marner are the difference between the two teams. Only reason why the Leafs are better. Considering the Habs have a history to shut down superstar players in the playoffs, we might have a series. I think Carey Price will be motivated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Canadiens Ghost

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
It'll all come down to goaltending. If Price stops Matthews & Co. we might have a minuscule chance of advancing. Then we need to score more than twice; a hard road ahead.​

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think we lose in 6. We do better than expected, Bergevin blames injuries, then Molson extends him.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
I'm hoping we see a best-on-best series from two healthy lineups. It would be a shame for the first Mtl/Tor series in decades to be tainted by what-ifs.

Anyway, good luck! The smart predictions are the most nervous ones, from fans that know how tight this will probably be.
I’m excited to see a leafs vs Habs series. I hope both teams are healthy and we get a good series. I’m 46 so I can never remember a time that the leafs and Habs played actual elimination hockey. Leafs/Habs rivalry is based on history only to me so having more than old playoff stories from parents and grandparents is going to be awesome. Good luck too the Habs also, I really don’t wanna see a Jets Leafs series.

Reactions: 74 others and Lshap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad