Leafs Habs poll

1st round prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
If we have a rested Weber + Gally, Price and Danault back at 100% we might have a chance. But this team is not built to win more than 1 round.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Probably depends on injuries/health but as it stands right now (no Price, Danault, Gallagher, Byron, Drouin etc...) I said Leafs in 4.

If we get them back no idea we haven't seen the Habs play at anything close to full strength in so long. I'd probably say Leafs in 6, though if I had to guess.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Hey ladies and gents. I wasn't sure if Leaf fans could vote but I said Leafs in 6 (could even go 7) I honestly think if both teams are at full strength this is still not an easy series. I am pretty pumped to see a playoff series between our teams! I am only in my 30's so I was not yet born when it happened last lol

I do apologize if I was out of line voting on your thread :)

Cheers!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Full Leafs line up needed a comeback win against us missing 4 of our best players and they have a long history of choking. If we were facing the Sens likely sweep us in 4 but we will take Leafs in 7

If I’m right great, if I’m wrong and it causes a big overhaul then even better

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I like to think of it this way.

Look at the 6 players we typically start with.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher - Chiarot - Weber - Price

All 6 are either out with injuries or playing injured right now.

We didn't have a single player on the ice tonight that typically wears a leadership letter on their jersey.

We've played a more packed schedule than any the has in the history of the NHL. No team has every played more games over a 30 game span (which explains the injuries). A historically grueling season.

And yet weve shown we can hang with the Leafs.

I don't think we win it but I think we go down swinging. I voted Habs in 6.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Full Leafs line up needed a comeback win against us missing 4 of our best players and they have a long history of choking. If we were facing the Sens likely sweep us in 4 but we will take Leafs in 7

Full Leafs lineup? Not really. They were missing Andersen, Foligno, Bagosian, Sandin, Hyman, and also Riley Nash in the last game.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
If healthy, Habs beat the Leafs in six or seven. Without Price, Gallagher and Danault the odds are low. Weber has sucked, but if it was due to injury and he's recovered, it's a huge addition. Same with Drouin. I'm not a fan, but having a 45-50 pt. forward back and healthy gives us a needed boost.

Reactions: llamateizer

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Might be in the minority but I think MTL is built well for the playoffs.

I think we have the edge on goaltending and defence...we were 2 goals away from ending the season series 4-5..it's not like the leafs ran us out of the building.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If healthy I think we could legit give them a run for their money. As is without Price, Gallagher, Dannault and Weber? I don't see any way we beat them in a 7 game series.

Even if they come back, how healthy will they actually be?

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Results are worth nothing right now.

We don't know the lineup as we have many injuries.

Yet it's not confirmed we play Toronto (or in the playoffs )

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Leafs in 5

We'll manage to get one because the team is built to bug opponents in their zones, but we'll get outclassed by their skilled forwards.

(but I'd love to beat them, fans reaction would be priceless)

And then, I hope changes will be coming fast, but that's another subject.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I think everyone comes back... and we make it a series...

I doubt we win, but if we do it's going to feel like we won the cup!

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario

The leafs are missing Hyman, Foligno, Bogosian, Andersen and possibly Nash from their full roster lets not forget, so not their full roster

Reactions: david999

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
All contingent on Habs health. If Price, Gallagher and Weber are healthy Habs take the series in 5 or 6 games max

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
All the pressure is on Toronto.

I think everyone comes back... and we make it a series...

I doubt we win, but if we do it's going to feel like we won the cup!
The pressure really is on Toronto. Their roster of stars has failed miserably every year; if they lose again I don't see how they can simply say, "Better luck next time". The consequences of losing once again will cut deep into their org and fanbase. I mean, what else can they possibly do? On the other hand, the consequence of Montreal losing only impacts Bergevin. The rest of us will be pissed off for a day and then be fine.

I usually never make predictions because it's a pointless exercise. Fans look at the wrong factors and get it wrong every single year. How many times does Toronto have to lose before people stop being dazzled by their playoff-virgin stars? If Leafs win, it'll be because they added unsexy depth and a better system, not because they added another star. If Montreal wins, it'll be because their good players play like good players and stick to an unsexy system. If we were playing Tampa or Colorado we'd need a lot more than 'unsexy'; Toronto isn't in their tier and is beatable.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
The leafs are missing Hyman, Foligno, Bogosian, Andersen and possibly Nash from their full roster lets not forget, so not their full roster
Would Andersen be a factor even if he was healthy? Gotta say, you guys have dumped hard on him, and a lot really wasn't his fault, IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad