GDT: Leafs @ Habs 7pm - Who cares? Start the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
There seems to be a sentiment in this thread that Habs fans are feeling high and mighty. On the contrary, we are aware our team is ravaged by injuries and exhausted by our schedule (even more so coming off a back to back where we spent tons of energy coming back in the third from down 2 in both games). At this point we just want to sneak into the playoffs and get our weeks rest before the real season begins. We are not putting much stock into these last few games.

To be honest, we're just having fun because of all the chest pumping your fans did to start the year and the current state of our teams. Leafs are trying to secure first place in the division so our players will be ready to go. We know the Habs can play us hard. But if you want to roll over and die for us and avoid any injuries, that's cool by us too ;P

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
To be honest, we're just having fun because of all the chest pumping your fans did to start the year and the current state of our teams. Leafs are trying to secure first place in the division so our players will be ready to go. We know the Habs can play us hard. But if you want to roll over and die for us and avoid any injuries, that's cool by us too ;P
We generally give a good effort most nights, so I’m still expecting that, but exhaustion is a real thing for us at the moment as we are attempting to play more games in less days than any NHL team has ever. The goal right now is to survive, get into the playoffs, and get healthy during the week off. I think we’ll be a tough out in the playoffs assuming we’re there and everyone’s back (as they should be). Kinda have a feeling we surpass Winnipeg though so the epic Leafs/Habs matchup everyone wants to see might have to wait until round 2.

Do expect to see a physical affair though. Both teams certainly want to set a tone in case we do face off in round 1.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Look out guys their saviour is another smurf and he’s gonna pass Matthews in goal scoring soon, according to the hype train
There is a better chance that Matthews surpasses Lemieux's best goal scoring year than that happening...and I'm not kidding.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
We generally give a good effort most nights, so I’m still expecting that, but exhaustion is a real thing for us at the moment as we are attempting to play more games in less days than any NHL team has ever. The goal right now is to survive, get into the playoffs, and get healthy during the week off. I think we’ll be a tough out in the playoffs assuming we’re there and everyone’s back (as they should be). Kinda have a feeling we surpass Winnipeg though so the epic Leafs/Habs matchup everyone wants to see might have to wait until round 2.

Do expect to see a physical affair though. Both teams certainly want to set a tone in case we do face off in round 1.

TBH would be ideal to have that happen and face a slumping Jets, hopefully take advantage of that, and you guys take out McDavid. I think we can beat you, so that would set up the team for a good run. I'm sure you feel the same and would like us in round 2.

Too bad you'd have to beat us this week for it to happen, so looks like a long shot :sarcasm:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
TBH would be ideal to have that happen and face a slumping Jets, hopefully take advantage of that, and you guys take out McDavid. I think we can beat you, so that would set up the team for a good run. I'm sure you feel the same and would like us in round 2.

Too bad you'd have to beat us this week for it to happen, so looks like a long shot :sarcasm:
lol

Winnipeg looked absolutely defeated when we played them Friday. Think they are toast. We’ve done as well against the Oilers as we have any one on the division so probably our best matchup. We’ll see how it shakes out, the all Canadian matchups should be great fun.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010

It would be great if you guys climb up to 3rd and we end up meeting in the second round. You were supposed to finish 2nd and make that happen anyway. :)

Just as long as we get a Leafs-Habs series in here somewhere.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
It would be great if you guys climb up to 3rd and we end up meeting in the second round. You were supposed to finish 2nd and make that happen anyway. :)

Just as long as we get a Leafs-Habs series in here somewhere.
lol

ya leafs vs habs in the playoffs will be something else. Really do hope we see it at some point. Sucks covid is taking away a lot of the fun for us somewhat, but guess without the covid we wouldn’t be having these all Canadian matchups.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
lol

ya leafs vs habs in the playoffs will be something else. Really do hope we see it at some point. Sucks covid is taking away a lot of the fun for us somewhat, but guess without the covid we wouldn’t be having these all Canadian matchups.
just imagine the bell centre with a packed house leafs habs playoffs..... if that does not give someone goosebumps something is not right....

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Hopefully they limp into a series with us, and filled with the confidence of a pizza faced tween. Time to plant that seed of doubt in their heads right now over the next 3 games. Win all 3 and it will be really hard for the Habs to feel great going into a series with us with head to head record of 2-7-1. Conversely if they get all 3, I'm sure that would be just the shot in the ass they need going into a series knowing you took 5 of 10 against the team you will play in a 7 game series. I said it last time we played them, playoffs have to start tonight. Killer instinct

Reactions: DirkStraun

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I care, we are working on the Canada Cup here. lol! Besides its great ammo for a few years. Like we took 8 of 10 from the smurfs. or when they pullout out alltime head to head matchups, etc.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Need Andersen, Hyman, Bogo and Nash healthy and we are ready to go

Everything Dubas touched last off-season and this deadline is turning to gold. Took 3 years but he has built an elite team. We just need everyone to be ready come playoffs. This is a top 3 team in the league and should make light work of the Habs.

Go leafs Go

Reactions: supermann_98

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
I actually like Josh Anderson as a player but he sounds like a dumb motherf***er.
Like this dumb ?
upload_2021-5-3_15-44-3.gif

Thornbury

Dec 29, 2019
Hopefully they limp into a series with us, and filled with the confidence of a pizza faced tween. Time to plant that seed of doubt in their heads right now over the next 3 games. Win all 3 and it will be really hard for the Habs to feel great going into a series with us with head to head record of 2-7-1. Conversely if they get all 3, I'm sure that would be just the shot in the ass they need going into a series knowing you took 5 of 10 against the team you will play in a 7 game series. I said it last time we played them, playoffs have to start tonight. Killer instinct
If they win all three they will almost surely finish third and be facing the Oilers in the first round.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I care, we are working on the Canada Cup here. lol! Besides its great ammo for a few years. Like we took 8 of 10 from the smurfs. or when they pullout out alltime head to head matchups, etc.

The Canada Cup will be awarded to the team that comes out of the North Division playoffs. Not the one who gets the most regular season points.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Can I even make a dumb comment that somehow prevents Auston "f***ing" Matthews from scoring?

Guess we'll find out.

If this guy scores even one more goal I might lose my mind.

Dude is a monster and he wears a Maple Leaf on his chest (for now)

GLG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->