GDT: Leafs @ Habs 7pm - Who cares? Start the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Anderson and Simmonds will get in to it tonight. Anderson talking smack that they are going to be mean. I assume he will be leading the way after saying it. Bring it on

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
A general point: what happens in games for the rest of the season is not chiefly about the opponents. It is more a matter of which Leaf team shows up. Will it be a team of highly skilled players with a professional attitude who are intent on taking care of business? Or will it be an overconfident bunch who think they can get away with turning up the level of effort whenever they feel like it? Because all the teams they will play are NHL teams and will be able to make the Leafs pay if they don’t take them seriously.

Reactions: egd27 and Jeypic

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC

upload_2021-5-3_13-19-47.gif

DirkStraun

Aug 9, 2015
I really hope we beat them all 3 games this week. And if they make the playoffs we then sweep them. I can't state how much I detest the Habs and their loathsome fans. Go Leafs Go!!

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think that's more him saying.. we haven't played well against the leafs and by losing to us a bunch of times we got the boost to be in 1st because of it.. Its more of a shot at themselves not playing up to expectations than it is on us not earning a #1seed.

That's how I interpreted it.
Maybe but I think if we were 500 with the habs we would still be in first or damn close.
Just a weird way to word iy

Reactions: Rocker13

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
There seems to be a sentiment in this thread that Habs fans are feeling high and mighty. On the contrary, we are aware our team is ravaged by injuries and exhausted by our schedule (even more so coming off a back to back where we spent tons of energy coming back in the third from down 2 in both games). At this point we just want to sneak into the playoffs and get our weeks rest before the real season begins. We are not putting much stock into these last few games.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
im pretty sure that Anderson quote is fake.

thats what he actually said i believe. now Josh Anderson is trending with a cesspool of fake quotes.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
I really hope we beat them all 3 games this week. And if they make the playoffs we then sweep them. I can't state how much I detest the Habs and their loathsome fans. Go Leafs Go!!

I don't mind habs fans as much as I used to. Honestly, compared to most canadian fanbases they're probably in the middle of the pack in terms of being annoying. And of course nothing can hold a candle to oiler fans, they are in a league of their own here on HF.

Maybe I detest the habs less because they're just not as good and they kind of remind me of the leafs 6 or 7 years ago; completely trash middle, overpaid contracts, inept management and ownership.

Will be an interesting 1st round matchup if it happens. Probably going to break HF, especially if it somehow manages to go to a game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad