Post-Game Talk: Leafs Ground Jets 5-3

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Nice to get the win. Some details to clean up, but nice to have some pucks go in

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Screenshot_20210422-215403_Gmail.jpg

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019

Pretty much. Get acceptable goaltending and we are fine. Good rebound effort. Don't think we played great or anything but good performance.
Fologno was solid and Marner was fantastic.

100%. Keefe came out and said he had the scoring chances 52-17 in the 2 games games against Vancouver and pretty much threw the goaltenders under the bus.

Reactions: stickty111

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
When you see Foligno casually finishing checks hard on a forecheck it's just a clear reminder what that kind of gritty play style can do for a line. You get a guy doing that and Simmonds and Galchenyuk and Thornton chipping in, it gets the ball rolling and tires out the opposition.
Saw Nylander trying to settle the puck in the corner until he saw an incoming player... then say nah fu** it and stepped aside for Winnipeg to have it.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
When you see Foligno casually finishing checks hard on a forecheck it's just a clear reminder what that kind of gritty play style can do for a line. You get a guy doing that and Simmonds and Galchenyuk and Thornton chipping in, it gets the ball rolling and tires out the opposition.
Many on this board don’t know anything about that. Fine if you are learning the game and don’t know that but it’s not cool when they argue this guy was to old and slow without a darn clue what he really does.
He didn’t look slow to me, how about anyone else,did he look slow and old to you anyone? That was so sickening to read repeatedly building up to this first game.
Awesome game by him. Foligno on that line and hyman with J.T and Willy all the time could be some fun hockey to watch. Nash is good too. Hopefully Mikheyev gets back quickly because I can’t stomach watching Engvall anymore.
Welcome to the Leafs Brooksie. Thats a much better player for the fourth line.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Nice slump busting game. Had its rough moments but they grounded through them and Campbell battled. Let’s hope he gets some confidence back.

Nice debut from Foligno. He’ll get even better with more practice time. Exactly what’s needs in the top 9.

This big win gives the Leafs a nice divisional lead. I think winning the division and ending strong will give this team some needed playoff confidence.

Sandin looks stronger than last year and a bit more poised. Still gets pushed around a bit in the corners but he’s looking NHL ready for sure.

Brooks impressed me in the third. He showed his upside there, and could be a viable third line option if he keeps working at it.

Also credit to the PK for shutting down the Jets PP

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Just a good effort all around that paid off. Nice to get back into the win column. Foligno made an impression. He might be just what we need. Campbell looked a little rough out there to me but he made some great saves and got us the win. I thought that Brooks showed that he has a very nice set of hands. I'm liking him. And of course, the big boys did their jobs tonight. Get the brooms out...

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Not a great game but not awful in the end.

Too many big boners along the way tho.

Jack wasn't awesome but made enough good saves to deserve the win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad