Proposal: Leafs Gap Filling

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I don't know why you guys are so against this deal, paying picks to come out with a worse roster happens all the time.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Kerfoot is a C. Kapanen might be worth that package alone. Then they somehow give up the best pick too.

I imagine regardless of losing your #6D, you take that and run. 2nd Line RW, 3rd line C and a 2nd for 4th line wing and bottom pairing D and a couple late picks.
DeAngleo is firmly in the top 4 for NYR, definitely not a #6. He and Kapanen had similar points per game last year, roughly .55 and compared to .49 from a defenseman. He's no 6D in the same conversation where Kapanen is a 2nd line winger.

Also, Strome is (sadly) filling in at 2C for the Rangers currently, he's not a fourth line wing. He's solidly a bottom 6 forward on a good team, but he's not a fourth line wing in general imo.

Like the other poster said, the value is good but the pieces don't really fit the Rangers needs. We could play Kerfoot at 2C I guess but I don't think he's suited for that enough to justify making a trade for it, especially one where we lose DeAngelo.

Kapanen is a big asset of course but not really one we need right now. We need a 2C way more than anything else, and we can't really afford to move one of our 4 d-men with NHL experience to get one. If we were to, it would have to be someone who's a good fit, not a guy who would be a stretch.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
You know what’s awesome about HF boards? I can skip looking at the box scores to see who won the night before.

just check out the trade threads and there you go.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Is the goal here for Toronto, the Rangers and the Golden Knights to all be Morons?

If so.........good thread.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Why would T.O do the 1st trade? It's really really bad for them.

Kerfoot and Kapanen are both good young/versatile players who can move up and down their lineup. DeAngelo is a good offensive dman but he has no D-game, not a good fit for T.O.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
That rangers trade is brutal for the leafs. Keep in mind a lot of teams dont have a ton of space so dollars are probably going to have to be close to even.

I can get behind the right Kap trade to open space. I'd want a pick and a prospect but only when Korshkov forces his way onto the team.

Oct 18, 2011
they are stuck with the team they have given their cap situation unless it's a dollar for dollar trade

Mick Jagr

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Jul 11, 2009
Peterborough, ONT
twitter.com
FYI Subban is not any better than Hutchinson. Having two bad backup goalies accomplishes nothing.

Every one of these trades is horrible. Go home and rethink your life.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I have a feeling Tony DeAngelo in Toronto would not end well, for a variety of reasons. Firstly, we can only use one RHD with the type of usage Barrie generally gets. While NYR is a major market, they are somewhat overshadowed by a couple other organizations in the city (mainly Yankees, Giants and Knicks, but even Mets and Jets get significant coverage). DeAngelo saying something stupid of twitter or doing something stupid has way more potential to blow up here. Finally, if Babs is still here I can see issues arising although both Dubas and Keefe have some experience with DeAngelo (SSM traded for him in 2014-15). I've heard he's calmed down his twitter rhetoric since ending up in NY, but him going on just one full pro-Trump rant here is going to be a full out media disaster here, especially given his history with slurs.

Reactions: WillyNy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->