Anderson
Subban
Hutchinson

Thoughts?

Acetylene

Every dog has it’s day
Jul 10, 2010
Sweden
It would be helpful if OP elaborated which needs any of these trades fills. I fail to see the point

Reactions: 7even

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
DeAngelo is not the type of defenseman they need. They don’t lack skill. They have a lot of skill already. It hasn’t been a lack of skill that has held them back in the playoffs. Other areas and characteristics need to be addressed, not skill.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
The value favors us, but the players aren't a fit. We need a center, not wingers, and without DeAngelo, we are short on RD.

Kerfoot is a C. Kapanen might be worth that package alone. Then they somehow give up the best pick too.

I imagine regardless of losing your #6D, you take that and run. 2nd Line RW, 3rd line C and a 2nd for 4th line wing and bottom pairing D and a couple late picks.

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
I like the vegas deal, which means they probably wouldn't.
We do need a backup goalie, not sure how we acquire an adequate one whilst staying under the cap.
Would be nice to have McBackup right now.

As far as trading Kerfoot and Kapanen, regardless of how horrible the return is in the OP, is just a bad idea as a concept.

Kerfoot is the perfect 3rd line center for us on a good deal.
Leafs are weak at LW and if Kapanen can stick there and be effective he is really our only high end LW, especially with Hyman out.

struggling to see the reasoning behind the first deal.
I'd be interested in targeting Subban, though.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so the leafs give up the best player in the deal, the second best player in the deal, and the best pick?

if the leafs are giving up kapanen,kerfoot and a 2nd (when they dont have a 1st)
they better be getting a top 4 RHD locked up for multiple years . this deal doesnt have that

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The first trade just guts the secondary support of the team for no good reason to start what should be an important year.

The second trade seems like a mild over payment. Subban to Toronto for a cheap price wouldn't be terrible, not convinced he's an NHL goalie long term yet though.

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
The first trade is truly awful for the Leafs and this is surprising consider who the OP is.
I heard everyone talk shit about me so I've taken a hiatus and come back with hot takes in the opposite direction lol

But seriously I overrated DeAngelo and Strome in my head (for strome mainly the name) so what

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
this is completely awful.

Kapanen isn't being traded and Kerfoot has played extremely well and also isn't going anywhere

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
To NYR
Kasperi Kapanen
Alexander Kerfoot
2021 2nd (TOR)

To TOR
Ryan Strome
Anthony DeAngelo
2020 3rd (DAL)
2020 5th (NYR)

To
Dmytro Timashov
Martin Marincin
2020 3rd (DAL)

To TOR
Malcom Subban
Tomas Nosek

Moore - Tavares - Marner
Mikheyev - Matthews - Nylander
Johnsson - Strome - Hyman
Nosek - Gauthier - Spezza

Rielly - Barrie
Muzzin - Ceci
Dermott - DeAngelo/Sandin

Anderson
Subban
Hutchinson

Thoughts?

this is like filling the 'gap' between your ears with a bullet.
to be sure, i'm clear, a BAD idea

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad