OT: Leafs-friendly bars outside of Ontario.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
Hey all. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I moved to Vancouver a few years ago and heard rumours of a leafs bar in the area, but never found one.

Thought I may as well start a thread to help everyone.

Please post any Pro-Leafs bars that you know of in your exotic locale or local snowbank. BTW I still need to find that bar in the lower mainland. I live in surrey now, so let’s make that job one ;)

Go Leafs Go!!!

Jun 27, 2005
There used to be a Canadian bar in Hong Kongs central district called the Keg. They would record the games and play them at night. We gave them a Sundin hat. I think they might be closed now :(

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
There used to be a Canadian bar in Hong Kongs central district called the Keg. They would record the games and play them at night. We gave them a Sundin hat. I think they might be closed now :(

That’s very funny that you mention that. I was with a bunch of friends who were going out for someone’s birthday. Being Aussie, on a great nite out in Hong Kong, she of course chose the Keg.

The place was as horrible as you’d expect, but there was hockey on the TV so it was one of my best nites in HK.

Reactions: smitty10

8816 others

Dec 3, 2012
Bowen Island, BC
I've rarely had any good experiences trying to watch the Leafs in BC.

I once took a seat in the entirely empty wing of a "sports" bar, asked to have the Leafs game put on the big screen, and was told they could only have it on the smaller screens because someone wanted to watch the flyers/wings game. I looked around and asked "who?!" The waitress said he was sitting out on the patio. So I left.

skacore

Nov 7, 2010
Anywhere in Ottawa, lol.
h27BA06B1

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010

I moved to Vancouver a few years ago and heard rumours of a leafs bar in the area, but never found one.

Please post any Pro-Leafs bars that you know of in your exotic locale or local snowbank. BTW I still need to find that bar in the lower mainland. I live in surrey now, so let’s make that job one ;)

Go Leafs Go!!!
I live a bit east of Vancouver in the Fraser.m valley and there’s a bar on highway 7 called the Sasquatch inn its half way between mission and Agassiz and the owners are leaf fans, the last two playoffs they’ve changed the sign board out front to pro-Leaf messages.
Not so much the day to day clientele that come in but when I go in on saturdays to catch the game it’s always on.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Go Leafs Go!!!

The Leafs bar in Vancouver is called the Regal Beagel. It even has a Leaf flag hanging outside year round.

Jun 27, 2005
That’s very funny that you mention that. I was with a bunch of friends who were going out for someone’s birthday. Being Aussie, on a great nite out in Hong Kong, she of course chose the Keg.

The place was as horrible as you’d expect, but there was hockey on the TV so it was one of my best nites in HK.

Very cool.

We stayed near there for a few days and went every night for the playoffs. It was a dump but they had hockey :)

If found their facebook page. The Keg - Hong Kong - Sports Bar, Steakhouse | Facebook

Looks like they were still open in 2017.

HeroNtF

Jul 9, 2012
If anyone knows of one in Calgary that'd be amazing. I hate going out to watch the game at a bar and there is no sound on. Much rather watch at home lol.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
If anyone is in Bermuda during hockey season, all of the Canadian bankers (and there’s a bunch) can be found at the Outback Sport Bar in Hamilton watching HNIC. Had a great night there is the early 2000’s during playoffs.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
If you're ever in Maui, Moose McGillycuddy is a decent place to watch hockey. I ended up watching a playoff game between Montreal and Boston (blame my date at the time) and there was a decent mix of tourists cheering for each team, was a lot of fun and lots of hockey stuff which I didn't expect in Hawaii.

Moose McGillcuddys – Maui's Best Happy Hour

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I've rarely had any good experiences trying to watch the Leafs in BC.

I once took a seat in the entirely empty wing of a "sports" bar, asked to have the Leafs game put on the big screen, and was told they could only have it on the smaller screens because someone wanted to watch the flyers/wings game. I looked around and asked "who?!" The waitress said he was sitting out on the patio. So I left.

What part of BC? I've never really had any issues apart from the fact that in Victoria none of the sports bars seemed to think audio was part of the experience.

xxOCZMSxx

Jan 20, 2015
I hear Vancouverites are very receptive to having their one Saturday night game per year against the Leafs at 4pm local. Should bring that up at every opportunity.

This is one of my favourite things to bring up with VAN fans. That and every trade/FA signing that Benning has ever made. They love it ;)

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Been in Vancouver for like ten years and didn’t know that. Is it always full of leaf fans during games, or just the playoffs?

I only went a few times but there were definitely a few regulars and even a jersey or two. This was like two years ago though. When I was there it was for regular season games.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Not to take over your thread, but I wanted to ask this earlier and found no general topic to post it in. Visiting Toronto (NYR fan), what's the best bar for Leaf games, (atmosphere / drinks specials?)and to watch other teams (NYR)? Will be visiting during next week.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Tom Reid’s in St Paul, MN.

It’s also the main hockey/Canadian bar in general in the cities and is located right near the Xcel centre

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Not Leafs specific but our hostel in Berlin played American sports. I'm a red Sox fan and got to see them win the 2013 world series at 5am with some guys from Boston.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'm going to Buffalo the weekend of November 3rd. I assume 716 would be the good spot (Buffalo's version of Real Sports), but do any Niagra people have a good recommendation? Luckily, Sabres play the noon game that day so there is no conflict.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
In Florida...wear a Leaf shirt at this place and get a free corned beef and cabbage dinner...although there's a reason they give it away for free.

packy-s-sign-sort-of.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad