Proposal: Leafs-Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
To PHI: Kapanen + Barrie

To TOR: Myers + Gostisbehere

Flyers get Kapanen, who they covet as well as Barrie who can take RD on the power play.

Leafs get Myers as a long term solution at RHD. Gostisbehere I think would thrive in Toronto as well.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

Flyers get Kapanen, who they covet as well as Barrie who can take RD on the power play.

Leafs get Myers as a long term solution at RHD. Gostisbehere I think would thrive in Toronto as well.
Let’s cut the garbage out here ghost for kap

Reactions: FlyguyOX

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
Myers for Barrie is dumb. There is some value to be had kap for ghost since the flyers seem incapable of using ghost to his strengths.

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
I think If Barrie were to be traded it has to be to a contender for draft picks/prospects or for a pending UFA coming back.

No team out of the playoffs are trading for Barrie and contenders aren’t trading important pieces with term during the season at this point.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So the Flyers do this deal.....then in the summer lose Barrie and Braun to UFA and are left with Provy, Sanheim, Niskanen and Hagg. So instead of next year having Ghost and Myers....have only Kapanen.

Yeah....that's an easy no.

Myers is just not available. People need to stop asking for him. He is the Flyers only RHD "kid" with lots of upside. Chances are, it's Ghost who is the odd man out between now and the expansion draft since they still have Provy and Sanheim as LHD and have York and Zamula on the way.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019

They are in a heated playoff battle right now. There will be NO trades between these 2 until one slips

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Why are people saying this is bad for TO? Just last year Flyer fans were trashing all over Myers. Ghost is not what is needed at all. Another offensive D who needs to be sheltered defensively. Basically Barrie part 2, but at least Barrie puts up points for us.

Leafs don't get better with this deal at all. They will hang onto Kap and hope to get a deal for a defensive minded top 4 D with some term and then decide what to do from there.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

hmc1987

Jun 2, 2019

Replace Kapanen and Barrie with Nylander and replace Ghost with Friedman and we've got a deal

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
If the trade is conditional on Barrie signing an extension with Philly?
Just asking.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Offence first D with suspect defence. Dubas' ears are ringing.
Jokes aside...take a look at any of the 3 games before the Yotes one, any time the showed him in the press box during 3rd periods, the look on his face tells you all you need to know about more Barrie style Dmen being acquired.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Myers for Kapanen= Nope from the Flyers
Ghost for rental Barrie= Nope from the Flyers

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

Hard pass. I love Kap but Myers upside so much more tempting. Barrie for Ghost part is tempting IF I thought Flyers could go all the way but I don't. ERGO pretty much giving Ghost away if i don't think Flyers can beat Pens and Caps out of the metro. If Myers ever learns proper positioning he is a no2/3 defenseman no question.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
kapanen and jeremy bracco for gotisbehere and morgan frost
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Frost Farabee Myers are gold mines whom you do not trade unless you go star hunting. Say for example Frost and JVR for Johnny Hockey. You do not trade Frost to get 5th lines Bracco.

Reactions: FlyguyOX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad