Pre-Game Talk: Leafs@Flyers Thursday Jan 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I mean I know Polak has little to do with the offensive struggles, but the team's record with him in the line up is bad. Funny coincidence that the more he became a regular in the line up again, the more the team started to struggle :laugh:

One interesting thought I had though, is why not give Polak a rest now and then because of his style of play? If Babs wants him for the playoffs, some rest would go a long way. Or at least get Dermott some PK minutes so he can learn. I mean the Leafs have a bit of a buffer in the standings to give him some experience.

Reactions: GardinerTheForward

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Moore in for Gauthier makes sense in a vacuum since Gauthier hasn't really been great. Moore in for Gauthier being the only change when we can't buy a goal is a bit weird

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I mean I know Polak has little to do with the offensive struggles, but the team's record with him in the line up is bad. Funny coincidence that the more he became a regular in the line up again, the more the team started to struggle :laugh:

One interesting thought I had though, is why not give Polak a rest now and then because of his style of play? If Babs wants him for the playoffs, some rest would go a long way. Or at least get Dermott some PK minutes so he can learn. I mean the Leafs have a bit of a buffer in the standings to give him some experience.
Cuz Babcock is a f***ing idiot.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Gauthier did not look impressive to me at all, which is unfortunate because I was really rooting for the guy.

I hope he pans out but I have my doubts.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
At this point not only does the Kadri need to be changed, the Bozak line needs to switched. Cant have them go on hibernation when they want too

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Can't wait for Zaitsev to come back. Carrick needs to get waived ASAP. I just can't bring myself to watch another game of him and Gardiner staring at the puck or giving it up with soft passes up the middle.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I have to agree with us not shooting enough. Too much going for the perfect pass and failing.

It's one player one doing that, Nylander. That's it.

Marner's best asset is creating space and making plays, I want him doing that thanks. I'd prefer him with someone who can score fairly consistently from different parts of the ice.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
Leafs get outshoot 40 to 30. Get outshot in the first period 12-6. Lose by 1.

Rinse. Repeat.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
holy shit i just realized leafs are in playoffs by 11 points more that the closest team... I forgot that they have the 3rd atlantic spot and was looking at the closest wild card... This entire time I was thinking they were holding on for dear life against the wildcard teams

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
holy **** i just realized leafs are in playoffs by 11 points more that the closest team... I forgot that they have the 3rd atlantic spot and was looking at the closest wild card... This entire time I was thinking they were holding on for dear life against the wildcard teams

Imagine we'd play well for the last month

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I'm not the biggest Zaitsev fan... but man I'm so pumped for his return.

3 more weeks without him though, minimum.

He's an important piece of the puzzle. Moves one of Carrick/Polak to the pressbox at least (depending on if we go with two spare F or D) and the one that remains in the lineup out of the top 4.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
holy **** i just realized leafs are in playoffs by 11 points more that the closest team... I forgot that they have the 3rd atlantic spot and was looking at the closest wild card... This entire time I was thinking they were holding on for dear life against the wildcard teams
The Atlantic is terrible. 3 good teams. The worst team in the Metro (8th place with 48 points) is still better than 5 Atlantic teams. Best Atlantic team 43 points. We could play .500 the rest of the way with no worries. Not much in the way of competition this year.

Reactions: weems
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad