Pre-Game Talk: Leafs@Flyers Thursday Jan 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
The lines are getting shelled all ready outside of the Mattews line on most nights.

When I'm looking at our best line and one of them hardly has any even strength points and consistently misses offensive plays, you want to change that up.
Pretty sure the Bozak line has been putting up the most scoring chances by far the last few weeks

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Marner
Hyman ------ Kadri ------ Brown
Leivo/Kap - Gauthier - Komarov

JVR - Matthews - Marner
Marleau - Bozak - Nylander
Hyman - Kadri - Brown
Leivo/Kap - Gauthier - Leo

Marleau - Matthews - Marner
JVR ---- Bozak ---- Nylander
Hyman --- Kadri --- Brown
Leivo/Kap - Gauthier - Leo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
What about in the last month? We were also scoring well over 3 goals a game for the first 2 months, not so much any more.

Sometimes, it's ok to make an adjustment, like putting Marner and Nylander on the fourth line because of reasons... oh wait, that was done. Hyman as well right? oh...

Yes, I and I showed a shakeup while keeping our very effective line in tact.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
They've been pretty solid. JVR in particular has been great.
I think Bozak has been very good too. Defensively responsible and seems to have a little jump in his step. He is probably top 3 on the team in points over the last month or two.

Marner on the other hand seems to be a little flat. Watching a player of his skill try to dump the puck in and then get massively interfered trying to enter the zone every shift is rough.

Edit: I'd like to see Moore back in the lineup for a game. He plays a lot better with Martin than the Goat.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ehhhhhhhhhh

Hyman-Kadri-Brown
Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Gauthier-Komarov

Is that better? Simply because Hyman is away from Matthews? I’ll gladly give Hyman the promotion to the Kadri line. I think they’d do well together with Brown

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
Please win this game so I don't end up with a concussion from repeatedly smashing my head on a wall. Thanks in advance.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Hyman-Kadri-Brown
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Gauthier-Komarov

Is that better? Simply because Hyman is away from Matthews? I’ll gladly give Hyman the promotion to the Kadri line. I think they’d do well together with Brown

Promotion? LOL, you can not be serious. It's funny how you put Matthews as the second line c when Kadri has like 1 point since November.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Hyman-Kadri-Brown
JVR-Bozak-Marner
Martin-Gauthier-Komarov

I mean, there's literally only one way to find out. We have not seen Matthews away from Hyman. For the few shifts that we have seen it happen due to line changes or due to the PP/PK overlapping, it's something that should happen.

What I do want to see is Matthews with players that can keep up with him. Hyman is a good player and his skillset is needed on this team but he needs to play less and likely in a role better suited to his skillset.

I look at the Kucherov - Stamkos - Namestnikov line... I don't see a Hyman there to "hunt down pucks" or "be the grinder". We can get close to that... maybe? Nah. Of course not.

Reactions: ToMaLe

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
One lineup change in practice today - Moore in for Goat.

had to be done, really. Goat is really bad.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
We have Philadelphia Ottawa and Colorado Dallas Chicago as our next5 games. Rip

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
The team has regressed from a good play off and great start to this season, disappointing but not surprising.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
RIP?

We could potentially win every single one of these games.
We won't. We are bad against Philly, we suck against Ottawa, Colorado is on a hot run while we are slumping, Dallas is a good team, can't remember beating them in Texas and I can't remember the last time we won in Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->