Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Flames - Thursday 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
this is the hardest one of the 3 western canadian games I think. flames are the best on paper and are now starting to get a bit hot, too. best be ready to play.

They have won 6 in row at some point they due for a loss

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Agreed. Will be the toughest test in this trip. Tkachuk is day-to-day. I have a feeling he'll be in the lineup though. Wouldn't be surprised at all. Expecting a very heavy Leafs contingent at the Saddledome. Will be a great game. 2 teams both very hot off of a coaching change.

Leafs are 6-3, Flames are 6-0.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Thought someone mentioned the backup would get one game on this road trip?
Hopefully that plan changes. No reason why Andersen shouldn't play every night until the next B2B.

Starting the backup at this point should be grounds to be fired I wish I was joking but that's how bad the backup has been.

If I were ownership I would legitimately not allow Keefe to even think about it, I would be forcing Dubas to do his job and get a real backup.

There is no choice

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Starting the backup at this point should be grounds to be fired I wish I was joking but that's how bad the backup has been.

If I were ownership I would legitimately not allow Keefe to even think about it, I would be forcing Dubas to do his job and get a real backup.

There is no choice
As much as I would like to see Andersen play every night, we do not need Ownership telling the Coach who to play.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
As much as I would like to see Andersen play every night, we do not need Ownership telling the Coach who to play.

At this point we do, and that's not fair to Keefe, it's not his fault but it's where we are and that's Hutch's fault for being a failure and Dubas's fault for being f***ing lazy ans not doing anything about it, not even TRYING to fix it it's not like he tried and failed, he hasn't even TRIED

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Play like we did the first two periods against Vancouver, and we should be alright.

Play like we did i the 3rd, and may god have mercy on freddy

Reactions: MarnerElite

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Andersen and Tavvy the captaino were our best players last night sires and sirettes I thought so. They was really battlling like tanks out thurr (like chingy back in 2007.)

Mayne we bout our money. Winning this one also, with Andersen playing some of his careers best game ever. He that cat right now and we all seen it. The evidense lies there.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
Play like we did the first two periods against Vancouver, and we should be alright.

Play like we did i the 3rd, and may god have mercy on freddy

I don't know whether Calgary changed the way they usually play(since coaching change) but they usually give up a lot of chances and play similar to Vancouver and us(speed and skill). If our work ethic is there, i fully expect similar result like our last game since we're way deeper.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
My choice on this game comes down to who tends the net. I guess it will be the morning skate tomorrow. I hope Dubie has been trying to get us a backup. I would be surprised and shocked if he wasn't. We don't need a problem on this trip. We need 2 more wins.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I wouldnt be surprised if Hutch starts the Cgy game, I have a feeling McDave and Drai would light our ***es up if we start Hutch against the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad