GDT: LEAFS @ FLAMES | SUNDAY APR 4 | 9PM EST | TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
This is why I personally would hate to have this division permanent. Too many 9 pm starts or later. I can not stay up and watch the whole game.

The novelty of playing Canada has definitely worn off. Don't really care for the manufactured animosity with Western Canadian fans, don't really like the time zone differences, don't find Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver or even Edmonton to be that interesting to constantly watch. Give me back the East Coast rivalries.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Honestly if Holl is banged up too why is he playing?

Throw Liljegren in for the Calgary games and let Holl get healthy for the stretch run.

Unless the injury is serious we won't be seeing extra guys until after the trade deadline when we no longer have to try to maximize capspace anymore.

Reactions: NK94 and Leaftors

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The novelty of playing Canada has definitely worn off. Don't really care for the manufactured animosity with Western Canadian fans, don't really like the time zone differences, don't find Calgary, Winnipeg, Vancouver or even Edmonton to be that interesting to constantly watch. Give me back the East Coast rivalries.

I fricken love showing all these Canadian fanbases who is boss, tbh.

Over and over and over again.

And I'm not tired of it even a little bit.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Anyone but Hutch starting would be nice. I'd prefer to put Petan or Barabanov in net.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hutchinson isn't a world beater by any stretch of the imagination but if we play well and continue our strong defensive play in front of him we have every chance of winning this game

He doesn't have to steal anything, he just needs to be ok
Which he has been for a lot of his starts this season

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
This is why I personally would hate to have this division permanent. Too many 9 pm starts or later. I can not stay up and watch the whole game.

Agreed. Time zones aside, the North Division really can't be a permanent thing unless the league moves an American team to Canada beginning next season. :naughty:

Reactions: Suntouchable13

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Hutchinson and then Campbell probably doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme considering it's a back-to-back against the same opponent.

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
Hutch will be fine. But we have to start scoring more goals than we have lately. Although we've been winning, our offense has suppressed. Starting with the pp. Get that fixed and we'll take off. Our defense has been stellar!

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Hutchinson has to get a game in the back to back. Didn’t we all crucify Babcock for never playing the backup first? It’s the same team, maybe Campbell gives us more of an edge when both teams are tired.

We shouldn’t need Campbell to beat Calgary on rested legs.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Hutchinson has to get a game in the back to back. Didn’t we all crucify Babcock for never playing the backup first? It’s the same team, maybe Campbell gives us more of an edge when both teams are tired.

We shouldn’t need Campbell to beat Calgary on rested legs.

I think the main consideration should be does Campbell need one day or two days worth of rest before playing Montreal? Playing on the second game means he is flying from Calgary to Toronto and plays another game against the Habs after one day of rest.

They decided he only needed one game, which is probably fine.

Reactions: Menzinger

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Hutch to start tomorrow is confirmed I thought? I think I just heard that on TV, can't remember if it was HNIC or TSN.

That does beg the question if Campbell can go Monday and Wednesday... hopefully that is the plan.

Ah yes, found it:

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
Whenever we go on a good roll, and play lesser teams.. i think we should give our depth a chance to play and rest some bodies that feel banged up...

We got a ton of depth and should rest these guys.. have to keep them healthy come play offs so nobody is already playing through injury before it..

Give Liligren and Robertson a few games here are there too.. keep the roster playing with hungry players while some can rest up and put in their A' game the next time they lace up... It's proven that load management works.. so use the depth... Especially if you're already playing Hutchinson..

Sure you can lose but it's worth a shot.. and you know you're getting hustle from the players replacing the tired/banged up players.

Reactions: willmma

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Whenever we go on a good roll, and play lesser teams.. i think we should give our depth a chance to play and rest some bodies that feel banged up...

We got a ton of depth and should rest these guys.. have to keep them healthy come play offs so nobody is already playing through injury before it..

Give Liligren and Robertson a few games here are there too.. keep the roster playing with hungry players while some can rest up and put in their A' game the next time they lace up... It's proven that load management works.. so use the depth... Especially if you're already playing Hutchinson..

Sure you can lose but it's worth a shot.. and you know you're getting hustle from the players replacing the tired/banged up players.

Players get rested when we’re up a few late in a game. I think if we were healthier and didn’t go on that skid we’d see guys like robertson abd liljegren get a shot.

Leafs are shooting for first in division and trying to accrue capspace for tdl, so they’re quite restrictedon how many bodies they can carry on game day, waivers, and player experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad