OT: Leafs Fans Should Stay Away From HF Talk

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
If you're a Leafs fan and you're upset about something that happened in a Leafs game, stop starting threads on HF Talk. I don't get these Leafs fans who actually willingly start topics on HF Talk, thinking they're going to get a fair analysis and a logical debate between like minded hockey fans. Newsflash...you're not.

When you're very well aware of the nosediving IQ problem at HF Talk, you're only setting a trap for yourself. Please stay off HF Talk...if you want to start a thread about the Leafs, do it here...HF Leafs forum is the most active section of HF anyway...for more active than HF Talk.

If you want to discuss something at length related to the Leafs, you're better off doing it here.

Also, I've been told there a certain individuals on HF Talk who are only pretending to be Leafs fans and starting threads on purpose to start a mud slinging contest. I won't name those members, but one happens to come from the sunshine state.
Last night on the main boards someone posted a topic of that non icing call which lead to Marner's goal, however the OP of that thread was not a Leafs fan and other non Leafs fans assumed it was a Leafs related thread. While it did involve them it had to do with the Blackhawks getting a bad call for once and not the Leafs.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Wtf is HF talk?
upload_2018-1-25_15-17-46.png

This I presume.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I have the opposite philosophy. We, as Leaf fans should start as many Leaf topics as possible on the general board. That way, we can englighten even more HF heathens that cheer for the "wrong teams". :D
TML Crusaders.
Bring it on !

Dont do it, you will be trolled ad nauseum

Reactions: PromisedLand

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I go on the mainboards because they really get the blood pumping. It's interesting to have someone challenge your ideas and offer different perspectives. Sure, there's plenty of irrational hate but that's part of the fun.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Honestly, I have not been on the main boards in months. At least not seriously.

I do not even remember my last post on there.

It is hardly even worth it. Most of the time people do not even know enough to make a reasonable argument for anything, and then an even smaller population of those are unbiased enough to make a reasonable argument, so that you are left with like 5 people you can actually talk to.

At least the people on the Leafs' boards typically know the Leafs' players.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
there is 3 criteria for a poster on there that you know you are about to get some doozy posts.
1- Winnipeg fan
2-Laine fan
3- Finnish nationality

those 3 in one poster will just turn up some of the greatest posts you'll ever read. Including my personally favorite from draft combine time from a finnish fan "its not fair they measured Laine in the afternoon and he was 6'4" if they did it in the morning he is 6'7" this poster was 100% serious I discovered from further posts.

I noted 2 issues with this A: while you can be slightly taller in the morning it isn't 3" taller and most importantly B: how many NHL games are in the AM hours?, he wouldn't have a bar of it

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I don't find the main boards to be bad at all. I find the trade rumors and proposals to be pretty bad. But that's more because of silly Leafs fans posting bad proposals, not the response from other fans.

Nothing wrong with talking hockey on the main boards. It's a great spot for a general fans perspective on general hockey topics.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I don't find the main boards to be bad at all. I find the trade rumors and proposals to be pretty bad. But that's more because of silly Leafs fans posting bad proposals, not the response from other fans.

Nothing wrong with talking hockey on the main boards. It's a great spot for a general fans perspective on general hockey topics.

there is at least 2 posters that are "leaf fans" who have never once posted in the leafs section here. They post a stupid trade then don't post one more time in that trade thread.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
there is at least 2 posters that are "leaf fans" who have never once posted in the leafs section here. They post a stupid trade then don't post one more time in that trade thread.
That wouldn't surprise me, but I have never noticed it. Care to name names?

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
That wouldn't surprise me, but I have never noticed it. Care to name names?

oh I haven't been in a while to remember their names ill go see if they have one out now

edit: cant find one right now, but one of them has a pic of babcock in his avatar he posts shitty trades and doesn't come back.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I don't post too much on the Main Boards. I just frequent it to get laughs outta Oilers fans. Its pretty cheap and accessible comedy.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Why would I go to the main boards to talk about the Leafs? People here watch all our games, and it's not like it's an echo chamber of re-enforcement here, we have plenty of disagreement.

I like this point of view. People can't agree on games that the Leafs play and 3/4 of the main board wouldn't have watched the game anyways.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Presuming that an author is an actual fan of the club, the notion of relegating Leafs Nation to only it's dedicated HFb section when the NHL is in large part predicated upon Toronto's success precisely because of our exhaustive support is non-sensical.

Never mind fear. Provided you've got a sound opinion if you're offering an opinion and provided that you've got the best of the club in mind and aren't simply trolling the Leafs community and or the hockey community with a sub-hobby of trolling for trolling's sake...Get in the cage and give as good as you get.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad