OT: Leafs Fans Should Stay Away From HF Talk

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
If you're a Leafs fan and you're upset about something that happened in a Leafs game, stop starting threads on mainboards/NHL Talk. I don't get these Leafs fans who actually willingly start topics on there, thinking they're going to get a fair analysis and a logical debate between like minded hockey fans. Newsflash...you're not.

When you're very well aware of the nosediving IQ problem on the mainboards, you're only setting a trap for yourself. Please stay away...if you want to start a thread about the Leafs, do it here...the Leafs forum is the most active section of HF anyway.

Also, I've been told there a certain individuals on HF Talk who are only pretending to be Leafs fans and starting threads on purpose to start a mud slinging contest. I won't name those members, but one happens to come from the sunshine state.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't clear at the start. Go ahead and do whatever you want...just don't start topics and then start whining and crying and playing victim when they all start shyting on the Leafs. I see it all the time.

If you're gonna start something there, then go in swinging. I did that.

Now I'm banned from viewing the GDT on the mainboard and have a 250 second time limit per post. :lol:

Boss.

Last edited:

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
...You could always just ignore the people that start these threads and then you never have to hear about them?

Reactions: Kelly

member 262271

I've always tried to respect other fanbases, 'cause you never know when your team can be embarrassed on any given night. The bottom line is lots of people hate the Leafs, so this kind of stuff will always be there to look at and get annoyed about, like Elephanto said, just don't look.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Other fans think Leafs fans are obnoxious.

Leafs fans always get defensive as a result.

And back and forth it goes.

It's not hard to have a logical and respectful discussion over there, however, as long as you aren't a jerk, and don't bait those that are trying to be.

If it bothers you, don't bother clicking there - stay here.

Simple.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Give us an example.

Is the emotion too great? What could be the harm in posting Leafs related stuff elsewhere? There are plenty of posts about the leafs in the trade rumours board. It doesn't seem to get out of hand there.

Fan is short for fanatic, so you might get irrational posting anyway (from any fan base).

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yeah you have to accept that the mainboards are clueless and hateful of the leafs and will never be able to have a proper discussion of them

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
OT kinda - but there should be a HFtalk discord chat. I know there one is for the lounge but not much hockey discussion goes on there.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
If you're a Leafs fan and you're upset about something that happened in a Leafs game, stop starting threads on HF Talk. I don't get these Leafs fans who actually willingly start topics on HF Talk, thinking they're going to get a fair analysis and a logical debate between like minded hockey fans. Newsflash...you're not.

When you're very well aware of the nosediving IQ problem at HF Talk, you're only setting a trap for yourself. Please stay off HF Talk...if you want to start a thread about the Leafs, do it here...HF Leafs forum is the most active section of HF anyway...for more active than HF Talk.

If you want to discuss something at length related to the Leafs, you're better off doing it here.

Also, I've been told there a certain individuals on HF Talk who are only pretending to be Leafs fans and starting threads on purpose to start a mud slinging contest. I won't name those members, but one happens to come from the sunshine state.
I always find it interesting when someone starts a topic and then never returns to reply to any of the responses.

Raging Bull

Present
Jan 25, 2004
Hamilton, ONT
If they didn't start threads, how would the general population of HF know about all things Leafs?
giphy.gif

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
If you're a Leafs fan and you're upset about something that happened in a Leafs game, stop starting threads on HF Talk. I don't get these Leafs fans who actually willingly start topics on HF Talk, thinking they're going to get a fair analysis and a logical debate between like minded hockey fans. Newsflash...you're not.

When you're very well aware of the nosediving IQ problem at HF Talk, you're only setting a trap for yourself. Please stay off HF Talk...if you want to start a thread about the Leafs, do it here...HF Leafs forum is the most active section of HF anyway...for more active than HF Talk.

If you want to discuss something at length related to the Leafs, you're better off doing it here.

Without naming names can you tell us which Sunshine State.

;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad