Leafs Exhibition game is against... the Habs??

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I'd hope they just ice the team they intend to start in Game 1. If Robertson earns his way onto the roster by then, of course throw him out there like anyone else. If there was even 2 exhibition games then I'd be ok with using one to give guys a chance to earn their way onto the roster. But with such a limited timeframe this has to be the full team just to get them into some kind of feel for real game action before the games that really matter start.

Montreal isn't a perfect matchup for preparing for Columbus. But such is. Hopefully they don't need that anyways. They've played multiple playoff series against a higher grade version of what Columbus is anyways. Would hope those experiences and memories are still good in their memories so they can hit the ice without needing a perfect tune-up opponent.

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Friedman is saying it looks like our lone exhibition game is against the Habs. This sucks. First, hate the Habs always will. Second, they kinda owned us this year for some reason (not that it matters, only exhibition, but some positive momentum would be nice). Third and worst of all, their game doesn't resemble Columbus AT ALL... it would have been better to play a bit bigger team in the vein of the Jackets, or a team with a similar style. I don't like it lol.

it' an exhibition game how is this even a thread?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Curious why you wouldn't ice the top six? With the condensed schedule there's not a lot of time to get their timing back at in-game speed.
Injury before play in would make me worry .. i would play 1 of top 2 lines because you need to get on a roll with a win too ... i would go with Matty's line in ex game and give JT's line a break ... JT Mitch and Mik get game off ... just too much risk to go both lines in a meaningless game .. it gets Robertson into a pro game and lets everyone see if he can keep up and add anything if we need a boost later on

member 300185

When is there ever an easy win in the NHL? To expect it in an exhibition game after 5 months out of action is utterly ridiculous.
What makes it NOT utterly ridiculous is that the other team has been off for 5 months also. So all things being equal, I stand by what I said.

Try to put some thought into your next post....so you don't end up looking utterly ridiculous. lol

kb

Aug 28, 2009
What makes it NOT utterly ridiculous is that the other team has been off for 5 months also. So all things being equal, I stand by what I said.

Try to put some thought into your next post....so you don't end up looking utterly ridiculous. lol
Does anyone think that winning at all costs in this most meaningless of games is the most important thing, or working on familiarity, systems, and positioning in a game environment to get ready for Columbus is?

Reactions: ACC1224

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Curious why you wouldn't ice the top six? With the condensed schedule there's not a lot of time to get their timing back at in-game speed.
Keep them out of harms way. That was just a quickie thought. Maybe I shouldn’t have posted it before i finished even half of my coffee. I wasn’t fully hatched ha.
I also think Keefe should make them only skate backwards the entire game! Oh wait now forget that, I’m hatched now.

Last edited:
Reactions: supermann_98

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Campbell had a very good game against them in February but they scored a late goal to win 2-1.

This game showed me something, even though it was the 3rd period of a back to back, the Leafs are at their
best when they attack and transition out. We're not iron clad enough on D-even for anemic team like the Habs.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Injury before play in would make me worry .. i would play 1 of top 2 lines because you need to get on a roll with a win too ... i would go with Matty's line in ex game and give JT's line a break ... JT Mitch and Mik get game off ... just too much risk to go both lines in a meaningless game .. it gets Robertson into a pro game and lets everyone see if he can keep up and add anything if we need a boost later on

Why would, of all people Mikheyev take the exhibition game off. He hasn't played in like 8 months.

I would expect the Leafs to ice their game 1 roster, minus anyone nursing a possible injury.

Reactions: kb and ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Does anyone think that winning at all costs in this most meaningless of games is the most important thing, or working on familiarity, systems, and positioning in a game environment to get ready for Columbus is?
The Team won't be concerned with winning at all costs we can be sure of that.
I would expect a little more intensity than a regular season exhibition game though.

Reactions: kb

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Why would, of all people Mikheyev take the exhibition game off. He hasn't played in like 8 months.

I would expect the Leafs to ice their game 1 roster, minus anyone nursing a possible injury.
Yeah good point he should play. I was thinking lines as opposed to specific guys. He needs to play a game before it is real. Maybe put him on a line with Robertson and Brooks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad