GDT: Leafs@Devils 7PM TSN4

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
that is why babcock had him and marleau out there in the 3rd period with brown when we were leading in the last minutes there right?

Hilarious seeing you use Babcock as an example for why you're correct considering you bash his decisions more often than any poster on this forum.

Have a nap. Kadri was garbage tonight, Babs played Brown because he's a defense first winger.

Reactions: Maplebeasts

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
zone entries mean F-all if all you do is gain the zone and then lose the puck to opposition like a little girl

Tell Babcock off because he benched nylander end of the game because willy was so good right?
He rarely lost the puck in the offensive zone after gaining it? What game were you watching?

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
It's almost as if all of these collapses over the years have taught you nothing. Play your best players, especially when they're having a strong game. I'm not a fan of playing Brown over Nylander on anything besides the PK.

You play the way you've been playing when you're dominating the play, period.

In that situation, Brown is the better player. Sorry, he is. There's really not even any argument about it.

You don't play a defensively poor player in the last 5 minutes. Nylander is a defensively poor player. You play your best defensive players in the last 5 minutes, like Brown and Hyman and Tavares and Matthews and Marner and Kadri.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
It’s insane, win and lose as a team. Not making scapegoats people.

Exactly if they wear a leaf jersey they are a leaf. I’m hard on brown this season and if we had to move a forward I’d pick him, but the agenda driven bias against nylander is out of control. Plays an objectively good game and people still want to rip him

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He rarely lost the puck in the offensive zone after gaining it? What game were you watching?

He did and Leafs were back in the netural zone.

What game were you watching? Nylander SUCKED tonight; and Babcock rightfully benched him

Or do you think Babcock is an idiot for benching Nylander?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
zone entries mean F-all if all you do is gain the zone and then lose the puck to opposition like a little girl

Tell Babcock off because he benched nylander end of the game because willy was so good right?

You’ve spent years harping on the quality of wingers Kadri is given. He was given our second best winger, shouldn’t you be happy?

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
In that situation, Brown is the better player. Sorry, he is. There's really not even any argument about it.

You don't play a defensively poor player in the last 5 minutes. Nylander is a defensively poor player. You play your best defensive players in the last 5 minutes, like Brown and Hyman and Tavares and Matthews and Marner and Kadri.

Nylander is prone to errors, but he's not bad defensively, at all. I'd hate to see you coaching the team in the playoffs. We'd have a hero line our defending the lead in the third period I can see it now.

Hyman-Gauthier-Brown out to protect a one goal lead with 5 minutes left in the third. All about dat defense turtle.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Hilarious seeing you use Babcock as an example for why you're correct considering you bash his decisions more often than any poster on this forum.

Have a nap. Kadri was garbage tonight, Babs played Brown because he's a defense first winger.

ohhhh...... right..... Nylander was so great that he scored all the goals and his zone entires were legendary; it was naz and marleau that bring him down those scrubs

LOL did I do this right?

I love it how nylander fanboys spin the narrative all the time

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
He did and Leafs were back in the netural zone.

What game were you watching? Nylander SUCKED tonight; and Babcock rightfully benched him

Or do you think Babcock is an idiot for benching Nylander?

This is just as absurd as those saying Nylander should have played the last 5 minutes. No doubt, Nylander had at least a solid game. He definitely didn't suck.

Reactions: Walshy7

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Nylander was okay. Made a few good plays, on the defensive side of the puck.

On offense, Nylander has to do what Marner is doing. Ever since they played Marner with Kadri, he takes it to the net. Of course, Marner misses the entire both times on his glorious chances in the 3rd period, at least he had a chance.

Nylander, and Matthews too, not many chances at all.

Take it to the net!

:silly:

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
ohhhh...... right..... Nylander was so great that he scored all the goals and his zone entires were legendary; it was naz and marleau that bring him down those scrubs

LOL did I do this right?

I love it how nylander fanboys spin the narrative all the time

He scored just as many goals as Marleau and Kadri did, and created more scoring chances on his own, instead of killing them like Naz did tonight.

Watch the game and stop rambling incoherently.

Leafsdude7

Stand-Up Philosopher
Mar 26, 2011
Ontario
Nylander is prone to errors, but he's not bad defensively, at all. I'd hate to see you coaching the team in the playoffs. We'd have a hero line our defending the lead in the third period I can see it now.

Hyman-Gauthier-Brown out to protect a one goal lead with 5 minutes left in the third. All about dat defense turtle.

Gauthier is not a defensively reliable player at the NHL level. At least try to actually put some thought in your responses, please.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Nylander makes 7M because of his offensive output, not his defensive reliability. Nylander's just that good (when he's on) to be worth 7M regardless of how bad he is in his own zone. And, at least at this stage in his development even when he's going at full steam, he's never going to be in the race for the Selke, even if the award was given to the 100th best defensive forward in the league.
I get that, Nylander is insanely skilled, and a terrific player. But it worries me that the only player dropped out of the top 9 is Willy, who's costing us 7m when soon we're going to be pretty cap straddled. Never said Nylander should be winning selkes, but that goes for basically all of our top nine.

I don't wanna Willy traded, im not harping on him I thought he had a good game. But Babcock is our coach, to the dismay of some -- if he doesn't trust Willy, well he doesn't trust Willy.... And having a 7m player who your coach doesn't trust... Well management may think that money could be better spent elsewhere.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This is just as absurd as those saying Nylander should have played the last 5 minutes. No doubt, Nylander had at least a solid game. He definitely didn't suck.

ummm.... for a players that gets paid 7 million dollars I expect more.... if you are content with him only having 1 shot on goal; and what 3 points in what about 15 games now then fine....

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
He scored just as many goals as Marleau and Kadri did, and created more scoring chances on his own, instead of killing them like Naz did tonight.

Watch the game and stop rambling incoherently.

LOL

Kadri had 4 shots on net (none of them from Nylander's pass); sure Kadri and Marleau were killing the plays while Nylander the brave soldier was doing all the work LOL

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I get that, Nylander is insanely skilled, and a terrific player. But it worries me that the only player dropped out of the top 9 is Willy, who's costing us 7m when soon we're going to be pretty cap straddled. Never said Nylander should be winning selkes, but that goes for basically all of our top nine.

I don't wanna Willy traded, im not harping on him I thought he had a good game. But Babcock is our coach, to the dismay of some -- if he doesn't trust Willy, well he doesn't trust Willy.... And having a 7m player who your coach doesn't trust... Well management may think that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Where are brown, hyman and Kapanen going? All 3 will never earn more $$ than nylander or matthews or marner yet all 3 will always be trusted at the end of games. This logic is very very flawed

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Gauthier is not a defensively reliable player at the NHL level. At least try to actually put some thought in your responses, please.

I mean I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a tongue in cheek sarcastic post, but apparently I was wrong. I suppose you can't expect much from somebody who is favor of benching Nylander with over 1/4th of the period remaining because he's scared of the New Jersey Devil's and their 3 shots at that point. No reason to mix things up when they're working, period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad