GDT: Leafs@Devils 7PM TSN4

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Holy shit. TSN just covered how when other teams lean on this Maple Leafs team, we lose hockey games.

No shit! We are one of the biggest marshmellow teams I have ever seen. Just so soft. But don't worry. Our Mighty Power Play is out to get ya.

Reactions: AreBe

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Holy ****. TSN just covered how when other teams lean on this Maple Leafs team, we lose hockey games.

No ****! We are one of the biggest marshmellow teams I have ever seen. Just so soft. But don't worry. Our Mighty Power Play is out to get ya.

oh no, the team that's 2nd in points percentage is secretly awful because they're so soft

Reactions: Warden of the North

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
Holy ****. TSN just covered how when other teams lean on this Maple Leafs team, we lose hockey games.

No ****! We are one of the biggest marshmellow teams I have ever seen. Just so soft. But don't worry. Our Mighty Power Play is out to get ya.
What we need is more Good Canadian Kids to go sit in the penalty box
Turn on sports radio "Get rid of Nylander! Too much Euro skill on this team! bla, bla, bla! "
It's like the Leafs are infected with this fast skating, spatially aware, play making, passing, shooting and scoring pox!
Take your goddamned Soviet Red Army to Detroit and have the Red Wings win Stanley Cups on that theory, but we Leafs fans are frozen out from the cup and the last thing we want is a thaw!

Reactions: 7even

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018

I don't buy this, the Blackhawks were never an overly aggressive team physically, they just beat you down on the scoreboard because their depth of talent simply overwhelmed opposing teams, its also important to note their maturity allowed them to do that.

The Leafs aren't there yet. We tend to forget that essentially 95% of our cornerstone pieces are still under 22 years old.

But just imagine this team when Matthews is 24, Marner is 24, Nylander is 25, Kappy is 25 etc. Experience and maturity means something. Don't expect all our guys to have learned everything there is to know yet about winning.

The Leafs are still in ascent, we haven't witnessed the final product yet. Which in my opinion will look something like Tampa, a team that is essentially a more experienced version of the Leafs.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
LMAO hyman back on the first line, classic ego move. Any other player starts in the bottom 6 and plays 7 mins for a few games, the mighty hyman gets 20, lmaoooo. The ego is showing early tonight boys.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Why dont we try:

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Kapanen
Marleau Kadri Marner

We know that two those lines were historially great and I personally think that tavares would be more dominant when he plays with grinders like he is. Plus you have your three lines with your three superstars. Each superstar runs a line.

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
I don't buy this, the Blackhawks were never an overly aggressive team physically, they just beat you down on the scoreboard because their depth of talent simply overwhelmed opposing teams, its also important to note their maturity allowed them to do that.

The Leafs aren't there yet. We tend to forget that essentially 95% of our cornerstone pieces are still under 22 years old.

But just imagine this team when Matthews is 24, Marner is 24, Nylander is 25, Kappy is 25 etc. Experience and maturity means something. Don't expect all our guys to have learned everything there is to know yet about winning.

The Leafs are still in ascent, we haven't witnessed the final product yet. Which in my opinion will look something like Tampa, a team that is essentially a more experienced version of the Leafs.

Dustin Byfuglein, Troy Brouwer, Andrew Ladd, Brent Seabrook, Ben Eager. Those are some tough cookies.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
PP lines:

Marleau
Nylander Johnsson Matthews
Rielly

Tavares
Kapanen Kadri Marner
Gardiner

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Hyman coming back adds some needed depth. Hope he's fully healthy and ready to grind it out.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Dustin Byfuglein, Troy Brouwer, Andrew Ladd, Brent Seabrook, Ben Eager. Those are some tough cookies.

Well sure, I guess the part of my comment saying the Leafs are still in ascent and how we haven't witnessed the final product yet comes in here. The Leafs will likely become a tougher team as our young core continues to mature and come into their own, the roster you see now isn't what it will be 2-3 years from now, we will have the ability to add players, for example I'm one who is a strong advocate of adding guys like Simmonds/Gudas. Those two alone would bolster the physicality of this team a ton.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Need Hutch to be better.
Nylander needs to be better
Matthews needs to be better
Kadri needs to be better
Fans need to be in the seats for once in Jersey

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Am I the only one who sees the value of Moore on our 4th line?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
lol wtf. we can finally reunite our elite line of hyman-matthews-nylander but instead we're going with the black hole third line.

Push it all you want but Marleau-Kadri-Nylander even at 100% totally suck together.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Hyman should take a bit less flak being on JT's line now. I liked Johnsson on the line but he was really a fifth wheel, those two looked exactly the same. Brown and Marleau brought nothing. At least we have some basis of comparison now.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Hyman should take a bit less flak being on JT's line now. I liked Johnsson on the line but he was really a fifth wheel, those two looked exactly the same. Brown and Marleau brought nothing. At least we have some basis of comparison now.
Thought Brown looked pretty good on the JT line but ya Marleau kills the offense on every line he is on.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->