GDT: Leafs@Devils 7PM TSN4

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
A Thursday game I can watch is great.
Downside is I can watch because we drew the late beer league game tonight.
Too old to be getting to bed by 3 and attempting to work the next day.

Well you should play in your continent next year pal.

Reactions: cmorly

AreBe

This is the Real Are Be and not a Burner account!
Apr 1, 2013
I believe that is why coffee exists.
Nice park at or about Malton named after him and Paul Coffee still exists but retired long ago
Against New Jersey our skill will show and hopefully there be less demand we trade skill for fists
Leafs need to get skating past the clogged neutral zone and get going with flow
is it wrong to walk up to a woman at the game tonight and say "Show us your tits!"?

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
We've also lost 3 of 4. No Hall or Johansson. Kinkaid probably in net. You'll be fine.

Well this is exactly why I'm nervous.
This is the kind of game where the opponent just plays a sound defensive game without any pressure, while we are running like headless chickens and forcing all these long stretch passes with no success at all, leading to countless giveaways where we eventually get scored on.

Snip Genos

GO LEAFS GO
Jun 14, 2007
Ontario
Hoping for a big win here but looking forward to Saturday. That will be our biggest game of the year so far and if we can take the next 2 I’ll be very happy

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
3 tough games in a row after this so I would greatly appreciate the 2 points to night to get us going

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Im not saying this is a must win game, but with Boston and Buffalo both on our ass, the boys should be ready to go.

Only 5 points separate the Leafs and a non playoff spot.

One bad week and Leafs could find themselves on the outside looking in..

Of the next 4 games, its this game on the schedule with the most likelihood to produce a W and a little breathing room from the chasing pack.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Lol TSN radio stiring up the Babcock - Matthews rift again. God these guys never stop...

Reactions: BTP

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Babcock on Hyman...

“He’s huge,” Babcock said of Hyman. “You have different kinds of skill. His is to be able to get the puck back to the net, play with good players, be heavy, play on the penalty kill, take right-hand faceoffs. All those things are important. Obviously, we missed him, though it will take a little time to get his hands back, but we’re excited, he gives us a deeper team.”

Wait I thought he was out with an ankle injury? Look like his hands were mangled too. I know...let's play him with Marner and Johnny T?

Hyman has hands?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Very sad to see Nylander banished to the third line. I thought as far as possession and chances were concerned, the Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander line was our best.

I pin this on Egocock's Ego.
Honestly, historically I have not been a fan of Kadri-Nylander duo and was not too pleased that Babcock put them together once Nylander returned, as I wanted Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen like we were supposed to have at the beginning of the year and for Nylander to play with Matthews.

That being said,

Taking a look at Kadri-Nylander together this season, in 100 minutes played they have 61% CF, 58% of scoring chances and 62% of high danger scoring chances when playing together. Unfortunately neither guy is getting much puck luck at the moment and therefore they haven't converted on their chances. Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers though.

Zizzzzy

Dec 6, 2017
Despite the Leafs as a whole not looking that great the past few days I thought the Nylander/Matthews pairing was starting to look a lot like we were used to. Nylander was dancing a bit more and that line looked great. Very strange timing to drop him back down.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Honestly, historically I have not been a fan of Kadri-Nylander duo and was not too pleased that Babcock put them together once Nylander returned, as I wanted Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen like we were supposed to have at the beginning of the year and for Nylander to play with Matthews.

That being said,

Taking a look at Kadri-Nylander together this season, in 100 minutes played they have 61% CF, 58% of scoring chances and 62% of high danger scoring chances when playing together. Unfortunately neither guy is getting much puck luck at the moment and therefore they haven't converted on their chances. Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers though.

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. I was wondering myself why those two were together again so thank you for this!

We better win this one. I said earlier that this place would be unbearable if we had a bad week and slipped way down the standings as a result but honestly, I think a loss tonight is all it would take. I can do without all the posts suggesting we tank tomorrow so GLG!!

Reactions: 1specter

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Despite the Leafs as a whole not looking that great the past few days I thought the Nylander/Matthews pairing was starting to look a lot like we were used to. Nylander was dancing a bit more and that line looked great. Very strange timing to drop him back down.

Maybe his plan is to give Nylander a kick in the arse
Who knows

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

That being said,

Sounds like they could use some hyman.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Go leafs go!
Will watch tonight from TCI.
Looking at the devils lineup, can’t help but thinking what a bust Zacha is. Provorov, Wereneski, Barzal all sitting there for the taking.
Mind you, Boston could have taken Barzal too.
Could have been worse, they could have taken Crouse!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->