TSN: Leafs deadline wants: RHD or Power forward?

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
Thanks for the insight. So .the Leafs would in all likely-hood be renting Pietro. I'm sure there may be a few teams who would entertain the idea of keeping him long term,but I don't think the Leafs are one of them.

I wouldn't say that. It will entirely depend on whether Pietrangelo goes the route of McDonagh, and takes less money to be in a good situation with a chance to win a cup, or if he wants to be paid what he deserves, which is a contract that whomever signs him will likely regret.

That being said, assume the Leafs manage to get Pietrangelo, without giving up Liljegren.... Lily will be on his ELC for 3 years. Assuming he starts next season, 2 years of his ELC would overlap with the first 2 years of Pietrangelo's new deal. That would give the Leafs a solid window whereby it may make sense to take on the long term risk.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I think we need 4th line C/RW and 3rd pairing RD upgrades more than anything.

Our top 9 and top 4 matched up with TBay quite well but our depth got steamrolled.

There are other options in they system. Babcock just can't find himself taking Oz out of the lineup, regardless of the consequences.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
I wouldn't say that. It will entirely depend on whether Pietrangelo goes the route of McDonagh, and takes less money to be in a good situation with a chance to win a cup, or if he wants to be paid what he deserves, which is a contract that whomever signs him will likely regret.

That being said, assume the Leafs manage to get Pietrangelo, without giving up Liljegren.... Lily will be on his ELC for 3 years. Assuming he starts next season, 2 years of his ELC would overlap with the first 2 years of Pietrangelo's new deal. That would give the Leafs a solid window whereby it may make sense to take on the long term risk.
NTC also is a roadblock,however he is from the the Toronto area and played for the Ice Dogs ,so maybe home is calling ,with an opportunity to win a Cup.I still wouldn't give up too much considering his age.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Leafs bottom pairing has been very solid (positive GF%, positive Corsi%, low GA/60, etc). Not really any point in adding another 3rd pairing D IMO.

Yes, the Leafs need to upgrade their blueline, but what they need is a legit #2-3 RHD. Gotta get Hainsey off that top pairing.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
not sheriff posted already

6rZ8g8R.jpg

HandshakeLineRespect

Respect in the Handshake Line
Apr 17, 2017
Brampton
It wasn’t my best post, I’ll concede you that. My patience has been worn thin after a entire week of bad offers for Gudas but that doesn’t give me the right to be a dick and to mock an entire fan base.

My apologies.
All good. I can get pretty chirpy. But I am definelty not a homer leaf fan and try to be objective, even when I was going after the canes and there piss poor organization. I’ve probably gone after just as many hot take artist leafs fans than any other fan base.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Parallel phenomena perhaps? We reap what we sow .....
You know.....way back when i was in school, if a kid got in trouble, the Nuns would crack him in the knuckles with a ruler.....they wouldn't crack all of us.

I have no issue with folks calling out troll posts/posters....report them...belittle them....whatever. Not sure why the need is there to lump everyone together.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Overall, one has to wonder whether Dubas has the fortitude to pull off 2 big fish defencemen.... would certainly put the Leafs into contender status, and I think they'd approach a Boston/Tampa series with a lot more confidence.

Something along the lines of:
Nylander for Brett Pesce, Warren Foegele, 2018 2nd Round Pick

Zaitsev, 2018 1st Round Pick, Carolina 2nd Round Pick, Sandin/Liljegren, 2020 2nd Round Pick (Becomes 1st if Toronto Wins Cup in either 2019 or 2020) for Pietrangelo with $2m retained.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Johnsson-Matthews-Kapanen
Marleau-Kadri-Brown
Foegele-Lindholm-Ennis

Rielly-Pesce
Gardiner-Pietrangelo
Dermott-Hainsey
Oz
Wait.One decent prospect,A.cup dump and a late 1st and late 2nd for Pie and you want the Blues to also retain.:facepalm:

Reactions: Snowman

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Re 272
No need of course but always good to remember we are good at “everything” and we have the largest army.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad