Proposal: Leafs-CBJ

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
To TOR: Panarin (pure rental) + Anderson

To CLB: Kadri + Kapanen + Zaitsev

Kapanen is trending well and could step into Panarin’s spot on the top line. Kadri is a more effective 2c for the Jackets and allows Jenner to slot in properly as 3c. Zaitsev is a cap dump but the cost for adding 2 good top 6 forwards with many years of control.

Leafs go all in while clearing cap space for next year. Panarin would add another dimension to the left side of the Leafs offence for the playoffs. Anderson adds the size and snarl that is currently missing up front as well. Leafs end up with Anderson and cap space for 19/20

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
If I see one more trade that involves Anderson on one side and Zaitsev on the other, no matter who the other players involved are, I swear to G-d I will see the whole world burn.

This one might even be fair value (altho that may be the Kadri lover in me talking) but frankly I can't bring it in myself to care anymore. That ship has sailed.

Cherry Picker

Sep 29, 2011
Hmmm. I saw it as Kapanen for the rental of Panarin - check out other deadline deals and you’ll never see a young, solid top 6 forward for a UFA.

Then Kadri + Zaitsev (cap dump) for Anderson.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
If I see one more trade that involves Anderson on one side and Zaitsev on the other, no matter who the other players involved are, I swear to G-d I will see the whole world burn.

This one might even be fair value (altho that may be the Kadri lover in me talking) but frankly I can't bring it in myself to care anymore. That ship has sailed.
go out and get some fresh air from this make believe world. you dont have to be here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hmmm. I saw it as Kapanen for the rental of Panarin - check out other deadline deals and you’ll never see a young, solid top 6 forward for a UFA.

Then Kadri + Zaitsev (cap dump) for Anderson.
Not a big fan of Panarin for Kapanen straight up; would normally want at least some kind of decent future asset on top of that. I'd have thought the difference between Kadri and Anderson would make up for the gap there without throwing in Zaitsev. :dunno:

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
This proposal is a roller coaster ride on many different levels haha

Pretty much every piece on here has unique ramifications

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Matthews+Marner+Zaitsev for Anderson.:sarcasm:

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Would do Kapanen for Panarin, not sure if Leafs are interested in that but hey it could win you a cup.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Tweets from TSN suggesting that FLA is trying to lure both from CBJ with Huberdeau +

Toronto doesn't need Panarin - at the cost of what will be expected for him.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Matthews+Marner+Zaitsev for Anderson.:sarcasm:
trouble.gif

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Tweets from TSN suggesting that FLA is trying to lure both from CBJ with Huberdeau +

Toronto doesn't need Panarin - at the cost of what will be expected for him.
do you got a link it seems FLA didnt want to go that route based on the other thread.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Getting Panarin and Anderson while sending out Zaitsev? lol

"Hey CBJ, we'll take your good players as long as you do us the favor of taking Zaitsev!"

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018

Kapanen is trending well and could step into Panarin’s spot on the top line. Kadri is a more effective 2c for the Jackets and allows Jenner to slot in properly as 3c. Zaitsev is a cap dump but the cost for adding 2 good top 6 forwards with many years of control.

Leafs go all in while clearing cap space for next year. Panarin would add another dimension to the left side of the Leafs offence for the playoffs. Anderson adds the size and snarl that is currently missing up front as well. Leafs end up with Anderson and cap space for 19/20
Not enough value for CBJ in return.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Who of Kapanen or Kadri is the fee for Zaitzev?

And I doubt Panarin and Anderson is just worth kapanen or Kadri...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad