News: Leafs cap - Dubas: We can, and we will keep all our 4 top F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
1. Gifted to him
2. Terrible contract, should have traded him.
3. Decent move
4. Terrible contract.

So, thus far, he's been gifted a player, made two horrible moves and one solid move. Sounds very sub-mediocre to me.
Boy,you don't really know anything do you?

member 290103

1. Nobody thought he was going to Toronto up until he did. Everybody thought he was resigning, if not going to SJ. You are re-visioning history.
2. LOL
3. ok
4. LOL

Fair deals are not terrible. Got it.

You will be amazed after this summer and all these big RFAs resign for terrible contracts in your book..

Nylander's contract is an anchor. Not sure how you can LOL that. The player should have been openly offered for a young blue liner. The Matthews deal is basically being universally panned by everyone. It gives the player a UFA ticket in 5 years and he gave up nothing in terms of AAV to get that right. It's basically like he walked into Dufas' office and made that demand and was just given it.

Reactions: Faltorvo

Grimmas

Mar 13, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Wow the insanity of this thread is too much. I'm bowing out.

Nylander's contract is going to be a f***ing steal in a year or two people will be begging to have him on their team. AM is going to walk out in 5 years? You people can't be f***ing serious.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
interesting. splitting up xgf and xga as if they're not directly dependant on each other. that's solid stats spin.

I gather you agree that the Leafs are a much better offensive team than the bolts, then?

TOR 2.65xgf/60 #4
TBL 2.46xgf/60 #11

All that matters is wins and losses. A team that wins close games and loses in blowouts can have a worse gf% than a team that wins in blowouts and loses close games and yet have a far superior record. The Lightning have a bad habit of playing down to the level of their competition and allowing lapses in effort to make wins closer than they should be; that doesn’t mean they can’t play at a significantly higher level when they feel the need to do so and gf% doesn’t reflect this.

Reactions: gn2007

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
AM is going to walk out in 5 years? You people can't be ****ing serious.
He has a NMC in his last season. Once that kicks in:

Matthews: "Kyle pay me league max or I walk"
Kyle: "Based on your corsi..."
Matthew: "I'm out"

Tavares did it so theres no reason to think he won't unless Kyle sets an internal deadline before that clause kicks in otherwise he has poindexter by the balls.

Reactions: Faltorvo

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
11.6 million for 5 year is fair.... LOL.

Ok, enjoy losing all your depth in a year or two. Dubas is over his head.

Can you tell me where you got your fortune tellers and mind readers license? I want to get one of those.
Oops forgot predicting the future.

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Can you tell me where you got your fortune tellers and mind readers license? I want to get one of those.
Oops forgot telling the future.

40 million in 4 players, that's how. Kadri and Reilly contracts expire in 3 years, and good luck signing kapanen and Johnnson even with gardiner off the books when marner gets an 11 million extension.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
40 million in 4 players, that's how. Kadri and Reilly contracts expire in 3 years, and good luck signing kapanen and Johnnson even with gardiner off the books when marner gets an 11 million extension.

Thanks and I thought your were just hating.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
So you trade guys like Brown and Zaitsev and have Marleau coming off the books. Oh wait I forgot, it's all doom and gloom. I used to think the Toronto media was overdramatic but if you want days of our lives NHL edition, just come check out HF.

Reactions: thunder16

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
I think it's funny that first everyone was saying Dufas was this boy genius that was going to magically build a cup winner. Jim Benning could have put together the deals he has thus far though. His performance has been dismal.

Signed the biggest UFA in the summer though other teams offered more money

Acquired a top 4 defenceman without giving up primo prospects

Avoided a possible sheet coming to Matthews.

I’ll take it pal...

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
ugh, i'm already fed up of hearing about the Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs (poor Tampa Bay, completely being overlooked) i guess this will be our lives for the next 5-6 years on HFBOARDS

-people overhyping the Leafs
-people bashing the Leafs
-people acting cocky when discussing the Leafs
-uneven trade proposals favoring the Leafs
-Prospect overhyping (until they get traded) following a barrage of "Ha Ha Ha that prospect sucked suckaaa!"
-Being banned for trolling the Leafs
-media naming every Leaf as the best ever
-Norris finalists Rielly Gardiner Zeitsev (or Muzzin Hainsey)
-MVP everyone on the Leafs
-Selke everyone on the Leafs
-GM of the year?
-Coach of the year?
-Mascot of the year? (sorry Grits)
-Fan of the year?
-Year of the Year?

and the thing is... the Habs are just getting warmed up, wait until their Centermen enter the league

It'll be the HabsLeafsBoards (HLBoards)

We will miss those rare eclipses where both teams suck at the same time (RIP 2015/16, i miss thee)

You thought Chicago & Los Angeles was annoying? Just wait... just wait...

kiss your wives fellas, get those pills ready, you'll need'em

the lockout couldn't come sooner enough!

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
11.6 million for 5 year is fair.... LOL.

Ok, enjoy losing all your depth in a year or two. Dubas is over his head.
can you explain how the leafs will loose all their depth?

it has been shown time and time again that the top guys can be signed, and keep our depth. Johsson on a bridge, kapanen on a bridge, marner for 10/10.5, as long as Horton goes on LTIR and Brown is traded, it all fits. After next year, Marleau is gone, we can then lock up johnsson and kapanen.

everyone of HFBoards loves to s*** on the leafs because theyre afraid, but no one knows what theyre talking about, youre just regurgitating the same s*** youve read off this forum from other people who don't know what their talking about.

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
He has a NMC in his last season. Once that kicks in:

Matthews: "Kyle pay me league max or I walk"
Kyle: "Based on your corsi..."
Matthew: "I'm out"

Tavares did it so theres no reason to think he won't unless Kyle sets an internal deadline before that clause kicks in otherwise he has poindexter by the balls.
Why wouldn't he just do that this year?

"Pay me League max or I walk via offersheet"

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
ugh, i'm already fed up of hearing about the Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs Leafs (poor Tampa Bay, completely being overlooked) i guess this will be our lives for the next 5-6 years on HFBOARDS

-people overhyping the Leafs
-people bashing the Leafs
-people acting cocky when discussing the Leafs
-uneven trade proposals favoring the Leafs
-Prospect overhyping (until they get traded) following a barrage of "Ha Ha Ha that prospect sucked suckaaa!"
-Being banned for trolling the Leafs
-media naming every Leaf as the best ever
-Norris finalists Rielly Gardiner Zeitsev (or Muzzin Hainsey)
-MVP everyone on the Leafs
-Selke everyone on the Leafs
-GM of the year?
-Coach of the year?
-Mascot of the year? (sorry Grits)
-Fan of the year?
-Year of the Year?

and the thing is... the Habs are just getting warmed up, wait until their Centermen enter the league

It'll be the HabsLeafsBoards (HLBoards)

We will miss those rare eclipses where both teams suck at the same time (RIP 2015/16, i miss thee)

You thought Chicago & Los Angeles was annoying? Just wait... just wait...

kiss your wives fellas, get those pills ready, you'll need'em

the lockout couldn't come sooner enough!
I wonder if folks at least tried to be civil to Leaf fans and ignore the few that stir the pot if it might turn this place into a Utopia. You're never going to get a subset of people to be cordial with you when you literally post a hyperbolic list of why they are terrible.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
The Rogers/Bell Leafs are just a cash cow. People go there to get paid.....thats all. Lets see how the playoffs go. Gonna get real ugly real fast. Matthews will disappear again as he needs to stay healthy for 2025.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
And since we're looking ahead 2-3 years down the road can you tell me which players get traded,which prospects make the leafs and what the salary cap number will be in each of those years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad