Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Canucks - March 6th 2019 - 9pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Although I would like to see Petan at centre.

I think Gauthier is a big body that is hard to move out of the crease and Ennis' second goal was Gauthier screening the goaltender

That third goal was a stinker

Tall Morty

Visualize the action to actualize the vision
Apr 18, 2017
I don’t always have to wake up early, but when I do, the Leafs are playing out West. Never fails :rolleyes:.

I’d love to see another shutout against these guys tonight, but I’ll settle for a win. GLG.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
we have zero chance at beating boston or tampa. they have a 17 game point streak, and tampa not far behind. both teams combined have lost like 5 games in their last 35.

When you have that sort of a streak, you eventually cool down, it's a good thing that there is still 16 games to go before the playoffs, hopefully giving the B's time to cool down (I don't think the Bolts will cool down unless they get riddled with injuries).

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Unpopular opinion: I like the Goat on the 4th line with Ennis/Moore and thinks it works well.. not sold on Petan in that spot, yet.

Not a big deal though. Good time to experiment with the depth right now

Reactions: SAMCRO44

mapleleafs34

Apr 7, 2011
Unpopular opinion: I like the Goat on the 4th line with Ennis/Moore and thinks it works well.. not sold on Petan in that spot, yet.

Not a big deal though. Good time to experiment with the depth right now
Obviously you can't be sold on it until you see them play a game as a line :sarcasm:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
we have zero chance at beating boston or tampa. they have a 17 game point streak, and tampa not far behind. both teams combined have lost like 5 games in their last 35.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Boston stay hot until the playoffs, only to get ousted in 4 or 5 games again this year.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Makes sense to alternate the two against larger opponents (Goat) or teams with speed (Petan).
I agree with you but as you know, if Petan is less than excellent, the usual bunch of cynics will blame the stupidity of Babcock for giving up 8 inched on a forward because of toughness and stuff.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Was looking forward to watching Pettersson last time out and unfortunately he was hurt.

It should be interesting to watch the next Gretzky or whatever Canucks fans were spewing about at the beginning of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->