Proposal: Leafs/Canadiens

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
It’s always nice when OPs offer deals that actually lean slightly in favour of the other organization, so respect for that. As a Leafs fan, I’d say that that value is more than sufficient. If that deal happened, I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I wouldn’t be angry, either. I guess I just don’t see us as legitimate contenders this year and would therefore rather have Sandin than Petry going forward, even though that would be a clear upgrade today.

Good job OP.

Reactions: egelband

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It’s always nice when OPs offer deals that actually lean slightly in favour of the other organization, so respect for that. As a Leafs fan, I’d say that that value is more than sufficient. If that deal happened, I wouldn’t be thrilled, but I wouldn’t be angry, either. I guess I just don’t see us as legitimate contenders this year and would therefore rather have Sandin than Petry going forward, even though that would be a clear upgrade today.

Good job OP.

Why is it nice? An ignorant proposal is an ignorant proposal regardless of which side gets privileged.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Okay first things first.

If you're gonna put a thread under speculation please provide some sort of source and not just what you want. This makes us think their's actual speculation...

Second of all, Rasmus Sandin will not be traded, a guy who is on his ELC for the next two years is very valuable for the Leafs. Also, he is a piece that is what we need and has looked excellent for us.

Third of all, we would like to keep at least some picks. For a team to maintain contender status, picks are important to rebuild depth.

Lastly, why trade a guy like Kerfoot now. Changing group dynamics isn't what the team needs. Maybe an addition of a player at most using some prospects... Like a depth piece.

The Leafs get robbed...

Last edited:

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Trade board should just forget Sandin exists, he's going no where.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
And I have HF boards Stockholm syndrome when it comes to my Leafs. Ya know how it is, we have to over pay big time on here

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
This would be an absolutely insane package for the Leafs to trade for a 30 year old with 1 year left

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
That’s a pretty bad deal for the Leafs....yikes

Arnold Schwarzaneger

Feb 16, 2020
And Petry has never had major injuries guys, he’s got MANY years of great hockey left in him, he would have career years playing with such a talented team. Watching him skate is a thing of beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad