Confirmed with Link: Leafs Can Carlyle

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Most of this you could literally replace the name Carlyle with Clode. Your right, it's eerily similar.

both can be stubborn no doubt about it, Carlyle`s biggest issue was his inability to get his players to play some kind of defence, heck, even pretend that they knew where their D zone was

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia

RedBruin

Jul 4, 2010
Germany
Not sure how many scrums Cox gets involved in these days but I agree with what your saying

Not fair to place all blame on Phil, nor would it be fair for Phil to assume none either

Yup, was being kinda facetious, hey, it's a Toronto media scrum, chances are there's an idiot in there. :laugh:

Some ask genuine questions, some are just trolls. I guess it's a fair quesiton after all, still, funny reaction, reminds me of the "I'm funny ? How am I funny" line in Goodfellas.

Carlyle is a decent coach, he tried to play to their strengths, it's a mediocre roster, again, don't get what they're expecting to happen.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Go Phil!

Was talking to a Leafs fan on NYE and he said the press goes over the top when it comes to Phil. He said it was sickening and that it's like they are running him out of town.

I genuinely feel bad for him and honestly, I hope Toronto trades him just so he can get out of that toxic environment.

Team Phil all the way.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Go Phil!

Was talking to a Leafs fan on NYE and he said the press goes over the top when it comes to Phil. He said it was sickening and that it's like they are running him out of town.

I genuinely feel bad for him and honestly, I hope Toronto trades him just so he can get out of that toxic environment.

Team Phil all the way.

I'm sure that'll be the only running Phil would gladly do

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the Leafs, but Carlyle was clearly not getting the job done. His tenure was pretty much a failure and I am surprised he lasted this long.

Any comparison to Claude is outlandish.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the Leafs, but Carlyle was clearly not getting the job done. His tenure was pretty much a failure and I am surprised he lasted this long.

Any comparison to Claude is outlandish.

Re Blame: he (RC) deserves his but it`s hard to fly like an eagle when your working with/for a bunch of turkeys

That being said, I always thought RC got far more credit for that Cup win than he deserved

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Fire our PP coach, hire Carlyle for the PP and let Claude just make sure there are no more too many men penalties. He should start to feel the heat. ;)

Carlyle has fixed the Leafs PP and he can fix the Bruins' too.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Fire our PP coach, hire Carlyle for the PP and let Claude just make sure there are no more too many men penalties. He should start to feel the heat. ;)

Carlyle has fixed the Leafs PP and he can fix the Bruins' too.

Fire Sacco, hes in charge of our PP isn't he? I thought thats what I read in the post season, anywho, if he is, he is abysmal and its time to cut him.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Do you know what else is scary? They waive Carter Ashton...a big winger who is good in the AHL but can't seem to pull it together in the NHL with his current team. Sound familiar?

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Go Phil!

Team Phil all the way.

Too bad Kessel is on for 2 weeks then off for 2. I like Phil, think sometimes he doesn't get credit for something small that he might of done.

Did I play that in safe mode or what? Really I do like Phil, hope someone can keep him going for longer stretches.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think Phil needs a new home, god it would **** me if Toronto flipped him to the Oilers for Hall or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->