Confirmed with Link: Leafs Can Carlyle

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I dont do Twitter but this is on the main board:

https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke?orig...07891&tw_i=552520208184008709&tw_p=tweetembed

Looks like the wolves are a comin' for poor Phil.

Burke made such a mistake with that trade. As a lot of us said when the trade happend. kessel is a piece you add to a contender to put you over the top. He is not a piece you add as a foundation stone to build on.

Such a bad trade for the leafs even though they got the best player in the deal (only player) at the time of the deal.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Please get Bylsma and not MacLean.
For my personal enjoyment.

Their suppose to have their eye on Babcock and are believed to be waiting out the season to make a run at him. Which really doesn't make sense as why even bother firing Carlyle if that is the plan

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Burke made such a mistake with that trade. As a lot of us said when the trade happend. kessel is a piece you add to a contender to put you over the top. He is not a piece you add as a foundation stone to build on.

Such a bad trade for the leafs even though they got the best player in the deal (only player) at the time of the deal.

At the time they did but I'd say Segs is better than him now and you add Hamilton to that and it's pretty ugly.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Their suppose to have their eye on Babcock and are believed to be waiting out the season to make a run at him. Which really doesn't make sense as why even bother firing Carlyle if that is the plan

They aren't going to get Babcock though so they might as well look for another coach. Coaches don't just up and leave when their contracts run out, especially to go to trainwreck teams while leaving legitimate quality NHL teams. Toronto fans are just delusional and think everyone wants to end up there. In reality, only David Clarkson wants to end up back in Toronto.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
At the time they did but I'd say Segs is better than him now and you add Hamilton to that and it's pretty ugly.

but at the time it was still a mistake as he was trying to rebuild that team and making Kessel your foundation stone is beyond stupid as a GM.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Funny how the 3 teams that decided to turn soft (Boston, Toronto, Philadelphia) are playing like absolute ********* and are getting torn apart by the fans.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
it was hilarious, not sure which reporter asked it, probably Steve Simmonds

It was Dave Feschuk, who wrote the preseason story saying Kessel wouldn't follow coach's directions.

Leafs’ Kessel not hot on Spott’s breakout strategy: Feschuk

Among them, Spott was charged with devising a new breakout play for a team that has long struggled to get the puck out of its own end. Spott thought he’d hit on an effective strategy — until, that is, he shared the plan with Leafs leading scorer Phil Kessel. When Kessel voiced displeasure, Spott discovered a harsh reality of life in the NHL. In some corners of the league, and apparently in Leafland, a coach’s learning curve involves bending to the desires of star players.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Or Cox. Which makes Phil's assessment pretty accurate.

Not sure how many scrums Cox gets involved in these days but I agree with what your saying

Not fair to place all blame on Phil, nor would it be fair for Phil to assume none either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad