Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins - tonight

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I know I'm posting a comment in a pre-game thread, however, I have started to lose interest in watching our Leafs.

I can't stand watching selfish, overpaid brats underperform. I can't stand watching an overpaid, self-righteous head coach make the same stupid decisions over and over. I also can stand watching NHL referees continually call penalties against one team all the while allowing the same infractions go penalty free in favour of the other team.

I stopped wearing any of my Leafs clothing many years ago because of the obvious referee bias against our Leafs. I also asked my family to stop buying me Leafs merchandise.

MLSE needs to start standing up for Leaf fans IMHO. They gladly take our money, and then, they happily turn a portion of it over to the NHL in the form of revenue sharing. That revenue sharing is distibuted to lesser profitable teams that then use it to beat our Leafs on the ice, sometimes with the help of the NHL officials.

The only thing I ask is from the NHL is to provide fair and equatable refereeing. Sure, humans make mistakes, however, let's see those mistakes being made equally against both teams on the ice.

I hear ya, since 2016 Ive been glued to the screen since we had hope we'd be a top tier organization contending for the cup. The drafts of the 3 amigos and then signing JT was just signs this was coming to fruition. Then this year, with the only team with overpaid RFAs, who have not survived rd 1 of the playoffs, we are now icing IMO a pretty strong team despite its problems. Babcock and his warts n all. This team had last nights game vs the Jackets. But 5 straight PPs is demoralizing. Its like stripping you down to your gonads, and then giving you a plastic knife, only to stand in the ring with a fully suited elite soldier.

Last year the playoffs with the Gm2 disaster where they didnt call anything was heinous, bruins were allowed to grab, hook, face wash, slewfoot, interfere and nothing. Leafs start matching the ante and * WHISTLE* Jake Gardiner gets punched in the face, does nothing and gets a penalty with Chara.
The year before I will never forget the 5 back to back penalties vs the leafs in GM 5. You read that right. 5 straight in the playoffs.

Honestly, if there shit on your front porch and its hitting the windows every week for a few years- Guess what - its not a random dog with a bad habit waltzing by and crapping.
There someone out there that doesn't like you and isnt afraid to show it. Its a hard truth to swallow that the sport you love to watch, and the team you've adored is in a league run by a different country notorious for corruption and lobbying for the sake of profits. Its much easier to say that we are just unlucky due to our style, or these refs are bad sometimes, and ALL teams get bad calls --
But seriously, watch another game, with 2 different teams. American Teams. Pitts Vs Nash. NYI vs Phill. Dal vs LA. Bos vs Car. The whistles are very even and keep the game in check.
When its Doughty Vs Tchakuk style of play, they drop the whistles for both sides until something egregious happens.

The only hope we have left is when Babcock goes, *he will* he will take the Refs hate with him and his replacement will get fair treatment. Go Keefe!

My leafs hat and sweater have been unworn as of last week. And less ever since the playoffs last 2 season.
Its weird wearing a logo that represents the floundering patsy of an entire league while we keep their profits high.
Tonight Vs Boston we will have no PPs unless we are down 5 goals.

Parity amiright?

Good post AL14

Last edited:
Reactions: Al14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad