Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Bruins - tonight

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hoping for a bounce back game.
With the Backup starting they will need to be a lot better than last night.

Rask's 500 game tonight.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/game/toronto-maple-leafs-boston-bruins-20191022/News?event_id=121128

Tuukka Rask will return to the Bruins' net for the Tuesday contest, the 500th game of his career. Rask is 17-7-2 with a 2.13 goals-against average in 29 appearances against Toronto.
"Milestone game," Rask said. "It's good. It's fun. Played my first game against the Leafs, and now milestone game against them, kind of cool."

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I couldn’t be more underwhelmed with Barrie, considering he’s supposed to be top pair worthy. Soft as butter, bad reads, hasn’t contributed very much offensively. There is no way this guy deserves a huge pay day in the offseason and Muzzin is much more valuable to this team at this point. Starting to see why Avs we’re willing to part with him, he looks a bad fit for us at the moment. Things can change, just a commentary on “to date”.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I know I'm posting a comment in a pre-game thread, however, I have started to lose interest in watching our Leafs.

I can't stand watching selfish, overpaid brats underperform. I can't stand watching an overpaid, self-righteous head coach make the same stupid decisions over and over. I also can't stand watching NHL referees continually call penalties against one team all the while allowing the same infractions go penalty free in favour of the other team.

I stopped wearing any of my Leafs clothing many years ago because of the obvious referee bias against our Leafs. I also asked my family to stop buying me Leafs merchandise.

MLSE needs to start standing up for Leaf fans IMHO. They gladly take our money, and then, they happily turn a portion of it over to the NHL in the form of revenue sharing. That revenue sharing is distibuted to lesser profitable teams that then use it to beat our Leafs on the ice, sometimes with the help of the NHL officials.

The only thing I ask is from the NHL is to provide fair and equatable refereeing. Sure, humans make mistakes, however, let's see those mistakes being made equally against both teams on the ice.

Last edited:

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
This is more of a statement game tonight. If Leafs are serious contenders-and I think they are-then tonight should be a hard nosed game with Leafs adding some real heart and determination to their skill to come out with a win.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Most importantly, who are the refs?
upload_2019-10-22_9-42-57.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I couldn’t be more underwhelmed with Barrie, considering he’s supposed to be top pair worthy. Soft as butter, bad reads, hasn’t contributed very much offensively. There is no way this guy deserves a huge pay day in the offseason and Muzzin is much more valuable to this team at this point. Starting to see why Avs we’re willing to part with him, he looks a bad fit for us at the moment. Things can change, just a commentary on “to date”.

He's what I expected.

Reactions: Rogue Leader

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
The schedule and injuries are likely too much to overcome tonight with Hutchinson in net.

Not expecting much.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I think it'll be a closer game than most are thinking. We play pretty solid on the road. Has been that way for a while. Get a great start. Rask is pumped for his 500th, Leafs get one early and it could be an interesting game. Stay disciplined. Enough of the sticks in skates, move your feet.

Any bodies swapped besides Fred? Gravel, etc?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
He's what I expected.

I'm not too surprised he's fourth out of the top four D in TOI/G (team should have the lead more often than not) and +/-. I am definitely surprised he's tied with Ceci for last in points. Even if Barrie's receiving secondary PP usage.

I expect he'll improve once he better adjusts to being on a new team for the first time in a thus far fairly lengthy career.

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site

Barrie is at his best on the PP but I don’t think he’s had one of those in a couple of weeks.

At even strength he’s adequate. Compared with Marincin he’s Bobby Orr.

54thecup

keep on rockin the free world!
Aug 3, 2017
Muskoka

Completely agree. Based on what we've seen so far, Sandin will be a better version in 1-2 years.

Let's hope he has another gear. I didn't luv Muzzin till the playoffs last year so let's hope its about adjusting. I try to give 20 games for new pairs.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I know I'm posting a comment in a pre-game thread, however, I have started to lose interest in watching our Leafs.

I can't stand watching selfish, overpaid brats underperform. I can't stand watching an overpaid, self-righteous head coach make the same stupid decisions over and over. I also can stand watching NHL referees continually call penalties against one team all the while allowing the same infractions go penalty free in favour of the other team.

I stopped wearing any of my Leafs clothing many years ago because of the obvious referee bias against our Leafs. I also asked my family to stop buying me Leafs merchandise.

MLSE needs to start standing up for Leaf fans IMHO. They gladly take our money, and then, they happily turn a portion of it over to the NHL in the form of revenue sharing. That revenue sharing is distibuted to lesser profitable teams that then use it to beat our Leafs on the ice, sometimes with the help of the NHL officials.

The only thing I ask is from the NHL is to provide fair and equatable refereeing. Sure, humans make mistakes, however, let's see those mistakes being made equally against both teams on the ice.
Other than Andersen, who is under performing? Wishing they’d do something they’ve never done, i.e playing competitive, tough, grinding, entertaining hockey is not under performing.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
Under manned and up against a hated divisional rival. They can either come out swinging and put up their best effort of the season. Or they can play for a bit then fold under pressure. Gee I wonder what will happen, it's so hard to predict

Reactions: BrannigansLaw

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Not expecting much tonight. Would be nice to see a total team effort and no stinkers let in by Hutch.

I can live with a loss but brutal mail it in efforts cannot happen.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->