Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #9

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Greg McKegg
Tom Nilsson
Carter Ashton
Dominic Toninato
David Broll
Brad Ross
Jesse Blacker
Andrew MacWilliam
Jerry D'Amigo
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Carter Verhaeghe

Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Tyler Brenner
Marcel Mueller
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8

Suggest who I should add next :)

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Blacker again. Should I close the last one? It was only up like 3 hours. :laugh:

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Blacker again. Should I close the last one? It was only up like 3 hours. :laugh:

Umm, sure. If the one before that is still open, can you close it as well?

The last few of these have been runaways, so I figured I might as well bang a few of these out quick, while I can.

Leafs For Life*

I did the next swede in Nilsson, seems like a Kronwall lite to me.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Andrew MacWilliam.

You don't hear a lot about this guy, but he is going to be a stud for us.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Amazing how much Ashton has fallen out of favour with the fanbase

I guess it depends on your definition of a good prospect.

Ashton has a better chance than a lot of other guys of making the NHL, but he also has a lower ceiling than a number of other guys.

parker171*

Damn Ashton has really fallen. I remember a few years ago when he was a highly touted prospect.

mikebel111*

I guess it depends on your definition of a good prospect.

Ashton has a better chance than a lot of other guys of making the NHL, but he also has a lower ceiling than a number of other guys.

it shows the impatience in this fanbase.

ashton was playing well until he got injured. than after his injury, he was one of the better forwards for the marlies.

I think he has a good chance of making the team

with that being said, I pick blacker, he will surprise a lot of people. plus he seems ready since the team called him up twice.

LeafsAllDay

Jul 6, 2012
Blacker
D'amigo
Ashton

I voted Blacker because he is an amazing skater and has really developed his two-way game. (I was at the game against the Hamilton Bulldogs last year when he injured Brenden Gallagher. I was wearing a custom Blacker Marlies t-shirt at the time and I was with some friends and one of my buddies girlfriends that was a die hard Habs fan who kept talking him how good Gallager was. Let me tell you, after Blacker injured him she didn't talk to me the rest of the game LOL) He is small but he plays pretty big for size and although his offensive abilities haven't really been displayed with the Marlies as he has taken on more of a defensive role, I think getting him more PP time with will do wonders for him. He was a killer in the OHL a few years ago and now with Gardiner to the Leafs and Kostka and Ranger gone, there is a gapping hole on the Marlies PP that he and Reily will almost definitely fill (pending they don't make the Leafs or get traded). I think he might actually be able to do some damage in the NHL a couple years down the road.

D'amigo is a great skater and he has a solid two-way game. I could see him being an effective third liner and penalty killer in the NHL. His offensive ceiling is much higher than Ashton's and he could potentially be a second liner or get moved up the lineup in case of injuries.

I see Ashton making the NHL as well and I really like how much he improved his skating, balance and physical play over the course of last season but I don't see him ever being more than a third liner at the NHL level. His hockey IQ, passing and shot are too weak to be a top 6 guy.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Wow, that was really fast. Going to vote for Ashton as I did the past 2 threads. Getting seriously underrated around these parts (Much like Biggs and Colborne).

mikebel111*

Blacker
D'amigo
Ashton

I voted Blacker because he is an amazing skater and has really developed his two-way game. (I was at the game against the Hamilton Bulldogs last year when he injured Brenden Gallagher. I was wearing a custom Blacker Marlies t-shirt at the time and I was with some friends and one of my buddies girlfriends that was a die hard Habs fan who kept talking him how good Gallager was. Let me tell you, after Blacker injured him she didn't talk to me the rest of the game LOL) He is small but he plays pretty big for size and although his offensive abilities haven't really been displayed with the Marlies as he has taken on more of a defensive role, I think getting him more PP time with will do wonders for him. He was a killer in the OHL a few years ago and now with Gardiner to the Leafs and Kostka and Ranger gone, there is a gapping hole on the Marlies PP that he and Reily will almost definitely fill (pending they don't make the Leafs or get traded). I think he might actually be able to do some damage in the NHL a couple years down the road.

D'amigo is a great skater and he has a solid two-way game. I could see him being an effective third liner and penalty killer in the NHL. His offensive ceiling is much higher than Ashton's and he could potentially be a second liner or get moved up the lineup in case of injuries.

I see Ashton making the NHL as well and I really like how much he improved his skating, balance and physical play over the course of last season but I don't see him ever being more than a third liner at the NHL level. His hockey IQ, passing and shot are too weak to be a top 6 guy.

the organization seems high on jesse, simce he was called up twice which also suggests that he is ready or close to being ready. he took his time but now I think he may be ready for the NHL.

as for ashton, he is a solid prospect who can use his speed to annoy the other team. bot he and blacker have a shot at the leafs.

jerry is also good, is a playoff beast with a strong 2 way game. another good player.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I'm still the only Spencer Abbott vote?
When this guy leads the Marlies in scoring this season ..
maybe people will perk up a bit about the guy.
He's a steal.

But ... i'm happy that D'amigo is leading right now if it can't be Spencer Abbott.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I'm still the only Spencer Abbott vote?
When this guy leads the Marlies in scoring this season ..
maybe people will perk up a bit about the guy.
He's a steal.

But ... i'm happy that D'amigo is leading right now if it can't be Spencer Abbott.

He also has a slim shot at the NHL. That's a huge factor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->