Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 49.59%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Greg McKegg
Tom Nilsson
Carter Ashton
Dominic Toninato
David Broll
Brad Ross
Jesse Blacker
Andrew MacWilliam
Jerry D'Amigo
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Petter Granberg

Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Tyler Brenner
Marcel Mueller
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov
Carter Verhaeghe
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7

Suggest who I should add next :)

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Granberg.

Brenner was not qualified and he's in your "Next up" list. He's technically a UFA.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
17 votes for granberg. Wonder how many have seen him play in his own league.

I haven't seen him play but I'll take someone with his credentials (Junior Gold + World Championship Gold) over someone like Jesse Blacker, who doesn't excite me whatsoever. If I'm taking players I've only seen play then half of that list doesn't get a vote from me.

Next I'd take D'Amigo, who's been a better player than Ashton. They're the same age too.

Leafs For Life*

People consider Kuznetsov to be one of the best prospects in the NHL. Not much difference from Granberg. Solid defensive RH dman.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012

Maybe 1 or 2 i'm guessing?
Based on the information available though it looks promising that he cracks the NHL. I waited till today to vote for him, and maybe i shouldn't have ... but, down at #8, i don't see any names on this list that really jump ahead...

Blacker is solid, but having seen him play extensively with the Marlies for 2 seasons i can't say i think he exceeds the available reports on Granberg. Ashton has seemed pretty invisible to me on the ice frankly and i'm not sold. I love D'amigo more than maybe any other prospect on this list but that ****** Eakins played him on the 4th line all year. ... so i really can't gauge well enough yet where his ceiling is. Same can be said of Ross who Eakins inexplicably benched for weeks at a time only to play him for 5 minutes some random night. Then he sends Ross to the ECHL. I'm pretty furious about it. XD It's no wonder he only barely cracked the 10 point barrier. McKegg got 3rd line minutes all season too and didn't always play. I hope all three of them get some serious time this year. I love Abbott and think he'll compete for the team lead in scoring this year, so maybe my vote ought to have gone to him. I'm also a big Connor Brown fan.

But when i've thought on it a while i look at all these names and the info we do have on Granberg is fairly strong. Maybe he's a safe pick, but none of the other names really jump out way ahead for me either. So on this occasion, i'm going with it.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
I know literally 0 about Granberg.

Can someone give me some info? People seem to be excited about this kid- I want to be excited too :P

Excellent defensively due to always being in position and hits incredibly well, especially along the boards I've noticed in the few times I've seen him play. Not a whole lot of offense from him.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Sparks is a bit of a longshot, as goalies are boom/bust prospects by nature.

But he's significantly exceeding draft expectations right now. 7th round pick, went to the WJCs, is among the top goalies in the OHL, and really not too far behind top goalie prospects Gibson/Binnington from his draft year in terms of his stats this past season while he was playing on a mediocre team.

I voted Granberg this round, but I'd keep Sparks over a number of our other prospects given the choice. Less likely to become an NHLer than most of them, but more likely to become an impact player than a lot of them as well.

Baarle*

May 29, 2010
28.294194, -39.07612
Voted Brad Ross. Admittedly didn't see him play a lot this year, but I think if he makes the NHL he could make an impact on the third line. Not sold on Blacker, and can't say I know a lot about the other prospects to fairly judge them.

TMLife*

Auston Matthews
Jun 16, 2010
Victoria, BC
People consider Kuznetsov to be one of the best prospects in the NHL. Not much difference from Granberg. Solid defensive RH dman.

Kuznetsov is a forward and has been almost a PPG for three years in the KHL as a 19,20,21 year old. I don't see how they relate at all. Lots of people catch KHL games. Not many people saw Granbergs 13 GP this year...

I'm excited about Granberg but how can you vote a guy like him over D'Amigo? He's never played in NA and D'Amigo has 22 points in 26 AHL playoff games. Kid has all the tools for the NHL. Size, speed, defensive prowess, heart, determination, third line scoring potential.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Kuznetsov is a forward and has been almost a PPG for three years in the KHL as a 19,20,21 year old. I don't see how they relate at all. Lots of people catch KHL games. Not many people saw Granbergs 13 GP this year...

I think he meant that a lot of people have Kuznetsov rated highly without ever having seen him play, and nobody considers that a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad