Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%

Tony Cameranesi
Spencer Abbott
Kenny Ryan
Greg McKegg
Tom Nilsson
Carter Ashton
Dominic Toninato
David Broll
Brad Ross
Jesse Blacker
Josh Leivo
Jerry D'Amigo
Garret Sparks
Connor Brown
Petter Granberg

Andrew Crescenzi
Sam Carrick
Kevin Marshall
Tyler Brenner
Marcel Mueller
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Andrew MacWilliam
Dennis Robertson
Simon Gysbers
Eric Knodel
Ryan Rupert
Viktor Loov
Carter Verhaeghe
Fabrice Herzog
Antoine Bibeau
Andreas Johnson
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #7

Suggest who I should add next :)

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
Very difficult selection here. It came down to Ross, Leivo and Ashton. I also gave D'Amigo tons of consideration here. At the end of the day I selected Carter Ashton due to prior draft projections and post draft developments. Ashton has had a shot at the big club (when he wasn't ready for it). I still believe Ashton has a future with our club.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Leivo or Granberg for me...Leivo based on numerous viewings the past few years (great 2 way game with decent offensive upside) and Granberg by reputation/international success.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Really surprised enough people voted Biggs in at number 5. I guess people are still infatuated withe pre draft hype.

He has absolutely no business being in front of Percy, Leivo, and Granberg. Maybe even D'amigo.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I dont understand this love for ashton...... hes not going to transpire into anything significant...... granberg atleast has a chance of being great

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Toss up between Leivo and Granberg here.

Yep, and one or the other will be the first non first round draft choice, which probably says something interesting about the voting.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
I think both Leivo and Granberg have good NHL upside ... and probably more than Blacker. It's too early to say how McKegg and Ross will turn out. I really don't understand the love of Ashton above some of these other guys. I love d'amigo

I won't dispute that any of these guys deserve to go next.

In any case i'm going to break from the group on this one and vote for Connor Brown.
I've loved him since long before the leafs drafted him. Reason is i was following my previous favorite prospect Greg McKegg with the abysmal Otters and also Olden too... But the more i followed the Otters the more i noticed that i liked Connor Brown much much more. Then when the leafs drafted him i was very very happy.

It certainly doesn't hurt that he'll play up to three full seasons on a line with McDavid. Even more promising is that he didn't look out of place doing it last season. For every great pass from McDavid that Brown would finish, there was Brown making a great pass to McDavid to finish. The two were great together. I could be wrong, but i'm willing to bet that when McDavid's numbers go up next season, Brown won't be left behind.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Granberg based on credentials.

Impressive.

Yep. Ill take the guy who was a top pairing Dman on a Gold winning Swedish team at the World Champoinships against men/NHLers, over guys that play on 2nd lines at the AHL level or who look pretty good but not fantastic at the CHL level.

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
It's between Blacker and Granberg IMO. One may be a potential top 4 two-way defenceman, while the other is a more physical - but less offensive version of - Gunnarsson.

We have a very good prospect pool. I think Ashton and Biggs are being severely underrated. Let them develop, because I still them potentially filling out as the future power forwards that fill out our top six. In the end, we need to insulate our skilled guys and PWF don't usually have long careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad