Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #26

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Morgan Rielly - 92.86%
2. Frederik Gauthier - 32.39%
3. Matt Finn - 43.32%
4. Joe Colborne - 65.44%
5. Tyler Biggs - 31.91%
6. Stuart Percy - 42.50%
7. Josh Leivo - 50.00%
8. Petter Granberg - 49.33%
9. Jesse Blacker - 25.78%
10. Jerry D'Amigo - 31.68%
11. Carter Ashton - 56.72%
12. Greg McKegg - 24.24%
13. Brad Ross - 24.21%
14. Dominic Toninato - 23.42%
15. Tom Nilsson - 24.81%
16. Garret Sparks - 26.47%
17. Carter Verhaeghe - 28.74%
18. David Broll - 37.08%
19. Connor Brown - 42.68%
20. Andrew MacWilliam - 22.86%
21. Tony Cameranesi - 45.71%
22. Spencer Abbott - 30.36%
23. Kenny Ryan - 28.87%
24. Victor Loov - 24.00%
25. Chris Gibson - 30.77%

Andrew Crescenzi
Kevin Marshall
Fabrice Herzog
Ryan Rupert
Jamie Devane
Max Everson
Sam Carrick
Eric Knodel
Andreas Johnson
Antoine Bibeau
Dennis Robertson

N/A
Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #2 - Tie Breaker
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21
Prospect Ranking #22
Prospect Ranking #23
Prospect Ranking #24
Prospect Ranking #25

Suggest who I should add next :)

Gardiner Expressway

Dec 1, 2011
Lol at 2nd rd pick intentionally UNSIGNED goalie being higher ranked than newly selected 5th rd pick Herzog.

Not to mention our 5th this yr being worse than our 7th last yr (Loov) who nobody knows a thing about and has barely changed much in the last yr.

Just a bunch of people voting for the ones they've heard of.....

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Lol at 2nd rd pick intentionally UNSIGNED goalie being higher ranked than newly selected 5th rd pick Herzog.

Not to mention our 5th this yr being worse than our 7th last yr (Loov) who nobody knows a thing about and has barely changed much in the last yr.

Lol at getting this worked up at #26 :rolleyes: ;)

The Kessel Run

Jun 7, 2011

I'm glad it gave you a laugh.

I went with Devane this time.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
How the heck did blacker make the top 10?

Looking at the names, D'Amigo is the only guy I would argue that should be ahead of him who isn't. Everyone else is debatable.

Blacker was in the top 5 I think last year, so seems like a reasonable drop to me.

Needs to take some serious strides this season though or he'll drop like a rock.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

We're getting these complaints in every thread now and it's ridiculous. What the hell do you expect out of this? You want us to fly to Sweden and watch Loov play so we can vote properly in this message board fan-poll about our 20-something best prosect? **** sakes.

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area

Or, here's a wild thought, there were other circumstances to him not being signed and it wasn't intentional by L.A.? Justin Schultz never signed in Anaheim......he must really suck.....

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
how is Ryan Rupert invited to Team Canada World Jr camp but still not in our top 24

I think Rupert's a good junior player, but the game he plays with how small he is, I just don't think he's a good bet to make the NHL unless he pulls a Marchand and gets his offensive game together, too.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I think Rupert's a good junior player, but the game he plays with how small he is, I just don't think he's a good bet to make the NHL unless he pulls a Marchand and gets his offensive game together, too.

Marchand scored almost twice as many points as Rupert at the same age in Junior though, so it doesn't look like he has nearly as much to work with.

Rupert is a very long shot to make the team. Didomineco made the team, played with Tavares and played well, yet I'm not sure he ever cracked our top 10, nor should he have.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Marchand scored almost twice as many points as Rupert at the same age in Junior though, so it doesn't look like he has nearly as much to work with.

Rupert is a very long shot to make the team. Didomineco made the team, played with Tavares and played well, yet I'm not sure he ever cracked our top 10, nor should he have.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Rupert's injury (and his attempt to play through it) early last year really impacted his scoring.

He started with a bang with 5pts in his first two games, but then was injured. Tried to play through it, but ended up with only 7pts in his first 15gms before he finally went on the injured list and took a month off.

Upon coming back, he was a PPG player the rest of the year, with 39pts in 39gms, and just under in the playoffs with 20pts in 21gms.

For all intents and purposes, he was a PPG player in his first post-draft year last year. In my mind,

Now, that's not quite good enough to get excited about, but if he can bump that up slightly more this year to more of a 1.2ppg player, then with his grit and defense, he becomes a definite prospect.

I'm a fan of this kid. I think he's got a chance.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON

Brad Ross plays a similar style game to Rupert and he had 42 goals, 40 assists the season before last, followed by 12 goals and 22 points in 22 playoff games, and yet he only ended up at 13. I'd say 26th/27th would be reasonable for Rupert. If he somehow cracks the WJC roster builds on a solid season in the OHL, then likely he moves up.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
1. Rielly
2. Finn
3. Gauthier
4. Leivo
5. Colborne
6. Percy
7. Ashton
8. D'Amigo
9. McKegg
10. Biggs/Granberg

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
1. Rielly
2. Finn
3. Gauthier
4. Leivo
5. Colborne
6. Percy
7. Ashton
8. D'Amigo
9. McKegg
10. Biggs/Granberg

That's probably the most accurate list I've ever seen actually. Boggles my mind when I see people list it much differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad