Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #23

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
It's a shame people are voting for kids over in Europe that they've never seen play... :laugh:

I voted for Loov based on the tapes of the prospects' camp, the last two summers. He has good size, handles the puck well and makes the simple play consistently. But the main thing was his skating which is not far short of Rielly and Cameranesi, IMO. A 6 ft plus defenseman who can handle the puck and skates well has a shot at the NHL, and that is all we are really talking about at this stage of the exercise.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
The list has thinned now... not bad getting past 20 before that happens though.
I'm voting Rupert because of TWIN POWER.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Who said I'm holding it against him, I find it amusing when players like Knoedel are having great seasons here in NA and are being overlooked by players that people have never seen play, but are voting for just because their names ie. Loov, Herzog.

By all accounts, Knodel had a terrible rookie camp. Lööv and Zog were both solid. Besides, 90% of posters here haven't seen half of these guys play. You must be feeding your horse some good bud my friend ;)

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Who said I'm holding it against him, I find it amusing when players like Knoedel are having great seasons here in NA and are being overlooked by players that people have never seen play, but are voting for just because their names ie. Loov, Herzog.

I've never seen Knodel play either and I don't understand what you think names have to do with it.

It's our 23rd best prospect... It's not like there is a clear choice here. It's just filler at this point.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Seems funny that Gibson was 10th on the Kings HF listing last year and seems to be out of contention for our top 25.

Seems funny that we seemed to get him for nothing. So cant be ranked too highly by the kings now can he?

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Kenny ryan could make the team this year as a 3rd line winger... I dont think he will but he was one of the last cuts in pre season 11-12

jughead42*

hmm, should we chose player A that we know nothing about or player B that we know nothing about? I like the sound of Loov's name, he's gotta be better than Kenny Ryan, right? But then again there's that Herzog kid that we also know nothing about, he is certainly better than the other prospects we know nothing about, for sure. Seriously, has there ever been a more mininformed, uninformed poll than this prospect thread after about number 3? You might as well be polling a dish full of sea monkey's on which prospect is better, they are just as likely to come up with an informed decision as we are.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
hmm, should we chose player A that we know nothing about or player B that we know nothing about? I like the sound of Loov's name, he's gotta be better than Kenny Ryan, right? But then again there's that Herzog kid that we also know nothing about, he is certainly better than the other prospects we know nothing about, for sure. Seriously, has there ever been a more mininformed, uninformed poll than this prospect thread after about number 3? You might as well be polling a dish full of sea monkey's on which prospect is better, they are just as likely to come up with an informed decision as we are.

Speak for yourself :p:

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
I guess the same could be said about Justin Schultz.

Well, Anaheim wanted to sign Schultz and he refused to. Doesn't seem like that was the case with Gibson, they just opted not to.

Speaking of which, that brings up a question. Why didn't the Ducks just trade Schultz's rights?

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Well, Anaheim wanted to sign Schultz and he refused to. Doesn't seem like that was the case with Gibson, they just opted not to.

Speaking of which, that brings up a question. Why didn't the Ducks just trade Schultz's rights?

LA was apparently at max contract. I don't think it was a matter of "we want to let this guy go" as much as it had to be someone. I am not saying he is a top 10 pick on the leafs. Simply that not having him in the conversation right now seems odd.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010

Because by the time it became apparent he wouldn't sign the cat was out of the bag. Everyone knew he would become a UFA so why offer much of substance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad