Prospect Info: Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #20

Prospect Ranking #20

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I haven't really been paying attention to who was voted but dang Nielsen has taken a hit in the eyes of Leafs fans. Not even top 20 now

Reactions: Leafidelity

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The way some of you guys talk about our prospects in the teen ranks, you'd think our drafting has been so good that we could start a second competitive NHL team.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
The way some of you guys talk about our prospects in the teen ranks, you'd think our drafting has been so good that we could start a second competitive NHL team.

In all fairness, despite graduating many prospects in recent years, this is probably one of the deepest our prospect pool has been.

Realistically, we’ve got 6 or 7 prospects in our top 20 that WILL become full time NHLers, and another 1-2 of our remaining 17 prospects that WILL make the show...

7-9 future NHLers in a prospect pool is pretty damn good IMHO.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
I haven't really been paying attention to who was voted but dang Nielsen has taken a hit in the eyes of Leafs fans. Not even top 20 now
I had him last year above Dermott based on size, physicality, and points. Not only a huge drop for Nielsen as he’s regressed but a huge step up from Dermott who was able to finally stay healthy

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I take it you’ve watched a lot of Finnish league games to see how solid he’s played right? Do tell
That was clearly not the point. You said he got voted because their were comparisons to Karlsson, when maybe the most likely reason was because he had 2 good seasons.
I know this is wierd but it could be performance.

I think people are voting for Marchment because the name sounds familiar, and they are basing their decisions on that.
Hey look at that, I did the same thing what you were doing.

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I think people are voting for Marchment because the name sounds familiar, and they are basing their decisions on that.
Hey look at that, I did the same thing what you were doing.

Or maybe they paid attention to Marchment's impressive hymanesque progression arc on the Marlies this year and are basing their vote on how much he's improved over such a short period of time and that he has attributes that the big league squad lacks, so is probably is more likely to be promoted ahead of the likes of Timashov and Moore for thses reasons.

For the record, if Bryan's career was any consideration to those like me, my dislike of Mason's dad's career as a seriously dirty player would severely downscore him in our minds.

Last edited:

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Or maybe they paid attention to Marchment's impressive hymanesque progression arc on the Marlies this year and are basing their vote on how much he's improved over such a short period of time and that he has attributes that the big league squad lacks, so is probably is more likely to be promoted ahead of the likes of Timashov and Moore for thses reasons.

For the record, if Bryan's career was any consideration to those like me, my dislike of Mason's dad's career as a seriously dirty player would severely downscore him in our minds.
I agree. Both got votes because they have developed well.
I was just pointing out that if Lindgren got votes because of the Karlsson comparisons, then I could easily say Marchment only got votes because of the name. None of it is true, they got voted because they have performed well.

Reactions: Boutette
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad